Need help ASAP. Beast external GPU connected - Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCHAPPiE

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I am in need with your help.

I have purchased the item down below for my HP Pavilion Dv6 4023-tx laptop.
http://www.banggood.com/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-p-934367.html

I have followed the manual and connected all the parts probably.
Removing wireless card and insert the PCI-E cable, cable connected with adapter, adapter has GTX970, both are connected with a 500W PSU. GTX970 has DVI cable connected to a new external monitor.

Problem is, when I start my laptop, everything are running, PSU, adaptor, and 970. However there are no display on both of the monitor, laptop or external one. I can hear the window get into desktop, I can use the window key on keyboard and press right arrow to shutdown my laptop.

I tried to turn off the PSU and start the laptop first, and turn back on the PSU straight away, if I get lucky (mostly not) I can start my laptop normally and has my adapter detected, when it get detected, it automatically install the driver and require restart. So I press restart and it shutdown, sometime restart successfully but back to black screen again. When it is black screen, I noticed that the cap lock light is blinking. The code is 5 times per set which I found it indicated general system board failure.

I am not sure what is happening and I am really in need with your help. I have spent my whole month salary for the 970, monitor, new copy of win7, and the adaptor. I really don't want to waste it. Please give me a hand.

Also my cousin have told me something about whitelist on the HP laptop which I am not sure is it the causing problem, I have reflashed my BIOS with a correct whitelist removed BIOS, and the problem still occupied.

Please let me know if you guys need more info of my laptop.
Really need your help, Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS