Question Need Help Badly!!

May 10, 2019
I’ve been without my PC for 3 years now cause I haven’t gotten around to fixing it. I forgot most of the specs but I know it has an M4A785-M motherboard, ultra x blaster case, Amd athlon 2 x4, gtx 470, 6 gigs of ram and 1 sata dvd drive and 2 regular dvd drives. My problem is that the green light on the front of my computer is solid green. It is suppose to blink. I’ve scaled down on ram, taken out cards, disconnected drives, reseated cpu, tested my power supply which is 850w(more than enough to power what I got. Brand new btw) and I can’t get the dam light to start blinking. I’ve tried a multitude of hard drives to no avail. All of them didn’t have windows on them. So I’m really stressing out here and any help would be fantastic. I can even text pictures if need be to see what I’m dealing with. Thanks a lot!

Wolfshadw

Titan
Based on this Spec sheet, there are only two LEDs on the front of your case, a Green Power light which (to my knowledge) should remain a solid green and an Orange HDD Activity light which should flicker as the hard drive is accessed.

Please post images here (using an image hosting site like imgur.com) so we're all on the same page.

-Wolf sends

Ralston18

Titan
You do need to have a boot drive: that being a SDD or HDD with Windows or some other OS installed.

I think that you do have a boot drive with respect to the 1 SATA drive and 2 "regular" DVD(?) drives that you mention.

Unlikely to have a PC with more than one optical (DVD) drive. Maybe two DVDs if you do a lot of CD/DVD burning and copying.

Have you installed a new CMOS battery?

May 10, 2019
Brand new cmos battery and I’m having a hard time uploading the picture I took. The HDD I’m using now had windows 7 pre-installed. Brand new hard drive. It’s got a blue light(power light) and green light( hdd drive which is not blinking at all.) 2 out of my 3 brand new hdd’s Have Microsoft installed on them so I really don’t understand what I’m doing wrong here... smh

May 10, 2019
You do need to have a boot drive: that being a SDD or HDD with Windows or some other OS installed.

I think that you do have a boot drive with respect to the 1 SATA drive and 2 "regular" DVD(?) drives that you mention.

Unlikely to have a PC with more than one optical (DVD) drive. Maybe two DVDs if you do a lot of CD/DVD burning and copying.

Have you installed a new CMOS battery?
I do a lot of burning. Movies, cds etc... and the sata is the dvd drive. My hdd’s are not sata unfortunately to my knowledge.

Ralston18

Titan
Okay - simplify via a "do over".

Disconnect all of the drives except for the boot drive.

Do some cable management and clean things up but leave the other drives disconnected.

Boot using just the boot drive in SATA 0.

And, to back up a bit, what was the original problem you were trying to fix 3 years ago? What happened?

May 10, 2019
Okay - simplify via a "do over".

Disconnect all of the drives except for the boot drive.

Do some cable management and clean things up but leave the other drives disconnected.

Boot using just the boot drive in SATA 0.

And, to back up a bit, what was the original problem you were trying to fix 3 years ago? What happened?
Well the computer just shut down unexpectedly while I was playing crysis and whenever I would try to turn it back on, it would not start at all. So I took out the power supply, tested it and it was no good. So I bought an ultra 850 cause I guess the 650 wasn’t putting out enough power. It’s in raid 0 currently. I booted the box and it actually started this time, but there was no bios beep, no reading of any of the hard drives I put into it.

Ralston18

Titan
Go to the ASUS website and find the User Manual for your motherboard.

Use the manual to double-check the current hardware installations, the applicable cable connections, and the corresponding configuration settings.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A785M/HelpDesk_Manual/

(Do verify that the link is correct for your motherboard.)

Per @Wolfshadw, we all need to be on the "same page".

My overall thought being that the problem is most likely configuration related....

May 10, 2019
Go to the ASUS website and find the User Manual for your motherboard.

Use the manual to double-check the current hardware installations, the applicable cable connections, and the corresponding configuration settings.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A785M/HelpDesk_Manual/

(Do verify that the link is correct for your motherboard.)

Per @Wolfshadw, we all need to be on the "same page".

My overall thought being that the problem is most likely configuration related....
Trust me, everything is where it needs to be. I can take better pictures to show where all the connections are. Will that work?

Ralston18

Titan
Works for me. The more eyes to look the more likely something may be noted....

Some of the cables/plugs in the plugs look strained, twisted, and kinked to me. Failed connector perhaps.

Physical connections are important of course. The other side of the matter is that all of the corresponding configuration options are as they need to be.