Question Need help choosing a new laptop. Would you recommend yours?

Vote if you own one of these AND would recommend it

• Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro 16

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Lenovo ThinkPad E15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HP Envy x360 15

• Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 15

• Lenovo ThinkPad T15

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgistr

Commendable
Mar 27, 2022
1. What is your budget? $1,500-$2,000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" to 16"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p or better

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? It doesn't need to be thin and light but it does have to be compact enough to use on a bed

5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter. It's going to be plugged in most of the time and I'd only unplug to connect with my TV for the occasional movie.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games? No serious gaming. Solitaire and Sudoku at best

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? I'll mostly use the laptop for browsing, Excel, Word Processing, content consumption, and the occasional light photo editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 512GB SDD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Manufacturer's site, preferably or John Lewis (https://www.johnlewis.com/browse/el...tops-macbooks/size=14.1-to-16/_/N-a8fZ1yzkqgv)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? HDMI, USB-A and USB-C ports would suffice

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm open to most PC brands but I get the feeling that HP laptops are not quite reliable. I currently have an ASUS ROG and I'll never repeat that mistake. The fan noise is atrocious. I've used Lenovo Thinkpads at work and simply love it. Not great for media consumption though.

13. What country do you live in? UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
One thing that IS a dealbreaker is the fan noise. I need something that's absolutely silent most of the time except on the extremely rare occasion when I'm running a heavy task.
Some laptops I'm looking at already include:
  • Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro 16
  • Lenovo ThinkPad E15
  • HP Envy x360 15
  • Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 15
If you own any one of these, please let me know what you love or hate about it. Again, I'm concerned about noise.

Last edited:
Ive heard good things about the hp envy 360, this is good if you want a convertible but beware of the glossy screen.

On the cheap side you could look into the acer aspire range or the dell insperon range. You could look into the dell xps, asus zenbook line for premium laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.