Question Need help choosing case

gagi4253

Honorable
Apr 10, 2019
https://www.antec.com/product/case/p20c

https://www.antec.com/product/case/nx416L

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/pc-...-glass-mid-tower-atx-case-white-cc-9011201-ww

Im uncertain which one is best overall. I like the look of NX416 most, but it does not have dust filter only mesh.

P20c and 4000d look similar, both have dust filters, by look it seems both perform good, but p20c with smaller holes might have worse thermals or that is not big of a problem?

I would get nx416, but not sure how mesh protect against dust, and my room knows to get dusty. It seems it looks like lian li 215/216 and some people had problems with dust i think.

Which one would be best airflow wise?

NX416 is cheapest 89e. P20c is 104e, 4000d is 96e.

Lutfij

Titan
P20c and 4000d look similar,
The Antec will draw air through the front mesh, the Corsair will have air also come through the beveled edges behind the cutout front panel.

Either of those ATX cases are good buy, though what sort of hardware are you looking to populate your case purchase with?

Reactions: gagi4253
Looking at your options, I also like the NX416.
It looks to me like the front mesh is relatively dense and should protect from dust, at least to some extent.
The front 160mm fans will draw in front air strongly and I suspect the design uses a smaller mesh.
An air filter to be washable needs to be mesh based and easily removable.
The smaller the mesh, the better the dust control, but at the expense of restrictive airflow.
I think you would be ok with an occasional wipe of the front mesh.
In the event that is not sufficient, you probably can find some sort of aftermarket filter.

gagi4253

Honorable
Apr 10, 2019
P20c and 4000d look similar,
The Antec will draw air through the front mesh, the Corsair will have air also come through the beveled edges behind the cutout front panel.

Either of those ATX cases are good buy, though what sort of hardware are you looking to populate your case purchase with?
Oh you are right, that mean it might be cooler i guess.
P20c advantage than is only more usb ports and it is more spacious for fans.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/antec-p20c/
p20c thermals are kinda bad here but that is without exhaust, it got only 3x intakes.

But on this video at 11:11, temperatures at stock (without exhaust) seems to be pretty much on pair with 3000d airflow (not sure how much 4000d airflow is better)
View: https://youtu.be/R-t1ZnTTIXU?si=v8-w9BbHg3PfEgRB&t=671

I am using air cooler hyper 212 with 2 arctic fans on 5800x3d. 6650 xt pulse, and i do not care much about watercooling, air is king for me.
My case is Cooler Master MB520 ARGB old version, i used this case without front panel for a month or two, and it got really messy since i am heavy smoker. Funnily, there is not a lot of dust but it is very sticky and yellowish, which is far worse than normal dust. I quited smoking now in a room and new case will be 'motivation' :"D

I really like NX416 compared to those two, but not sure how will that mesh pannel hold the dust...

gagi4253

Honorable
Apr 10, 2019
Looking at your options, I also like the NX416.
It looks to me like the front mesh is relatively dense and should protect from dust, at least to some extent.
The front 160mm fans will draw in front air strongly and I suspect the design uses a smaller mesh.
An air filter to be washable needs to be mesh based and easily removable.
The smaller the mesh, the better the dust control, but at the expense of restrictive airflow.
I think you would be ok with an occasional wipe of the front mesh.
In the event that is not sufficient, you probably can find some sort of aftermarket filter.
Yeah, there are some mesh filters on ali express, but still i hope it can hold on its own.
Only cons for 416l are bottom filter which is not magnetic, and that front panel have plastic pins that holds it, and if i need to clean it often, it might break pretty fast. I broke 1 plastic pin on my MB520 when i took panel out, it can close, but area where is broken one is a little bit loose.

First of all... Kudos on quitting smoking.

As a thought, since you are doing a rebuild, why not upgrade your cooler?
A more efficient cooler will not need to suck in as much fresh air to do it's job, thus reducing the dust intake.
Noctua NH-D15s uses a single 140mm slow turning fan which is both quiet and efficient.

gagi4253

Honorable
Apr 10, 2019
First of all... Kudos on quitting smoking.

As a thought, since you are doing a rebuild, why not upgrade your cooler?
A more efficient cooler will not need to suck in as much fresh air to do it's job, thus reducing the dust intake.
Noctua NH-D15s uses a single 140mm slow turning fan which is both quiet and efficient.
I quited smoking only in a room where PC is :"D but hopefully i will quit smoking in general soon.
I wanted to upgrade to Phantom Spirit when i got 5800X3D but this heatsink from some old hyper 212 evo works pretty good and it is not loud at all with x2 arctics. Its around 82c with closed case in cinebench multi core test for 1 min, in like 24c room.
Noctuas are way overpriced where i live sadly so its not worth it imo.

I quited smoking only in a room where PC is :"D but hopefully i will quit smoking in general soon.
I wanted to upgrade to Phantom Spirit when i got 5800X3D but this heatsink from some old hyper 212 evo works pretty good and it is not loud at all with x2 arctics. Its around 82c with closed case in cinebench multi core test for 1 min, in like 24c room.
Noctuas are way overpriced where i live sadly so its not worth it imo.
As an update.
I decided to take a closer look at my case and the dust situation.
The case is a CM HAF XB EVO cube case.
It has a front mesh that looks ordinary.
I decided to do some cleaning, even though things looked ok.
When I took the front intake panel off, I looked more closely at the back of the mesh.
I was surprised to see a much finer mesh on the back side that explains much of why my case stays clean.
I don't recall seeing this documented anywhere.
You may want to look at some of the CM cases, I bet they use that same construction on other cases.

gagi4253

Honorable
Apr 10, 2019
As an update.
I decided to take a closer look at my case and the dust situation.
The case is a CM HAF XB EVO cube case.
It has a front mesh that looks ordinary.
I decided to do some cleaning, even though things looked ok.
When I took the front intake panel off, I looked more closely at the back of the mesh.
I was surprised to see a much finer mesh on the back side that explains much of why my case stays clean.
I don't recall seeing this documented anywhere.
You may want to look at some of the CM cases, I bet they use that same construction on other cases.
Wish 416l have that, haha. While this CM i use serve me long without issues, i just don't like their style. I checked some TD500 mesh for example, but idk.. The trio i mentioned are way prettier imo.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
It is sold out in my country, and it was a bit more expensive than the ones i mentioned, i think price was around 130+ euro. Btw do you have any problems with dust in case u dont use/have filter for it?
NX416l which i like the most have similar mesh like 216.
I bought the filter with the case. very high quality case.
Still your choice your the one looking at it every day. Buy the case you like a dust filter would be a must for me.