Question Need help choosing the right type of fans for my build.

Aug 24, 2024
Hello, I'm building a pc and I'm confused as to what type of fans I should use as intake for optimal cooling. what I'm doing is that I'm going with an NZXT H7 Flow (2022) and I'm going to be installing an Arctic Liquid Freezer III 360 on the top of the case and I intend to buy 3 140mm fans for the front intake. I'm debating whether to get 3 F140P fans with a CFM of 93.20 and a static pressure of 4.45 mm-H₂O for the intake or 3 F140Q fans with a CFM of 102.90 and a static pressure of 1.77 mm-H₂O. I've heard that Airflow fans are better for directing airflow and pressure fans are better for getting through things and cant direct airflow as well as airflow fans, so I'm not sure which to get. if it helps I will be putting a Gigabyte 4070 Super windforce in there and ill be using the standard F120Q included with the case as the exhaust along with the Liquid Freezer's fans.

Thanks.

Aug 24, 2024
For intake, yes, you want high static pressure fans, to help pull air through the mesh and or filter. With 3 fans up front, I wouldn't worry any about airflow direction, in that case.
Alright so for the H7 flow (2022) I should use the F140P fans? It wouldnt affect airflow direction? The pci slot covers don’t have mesh on it. would the air still go upwards to be exhausted by the Liquid Freezer III? These F140P fans have a static pressure of 4.45mm H2O and I’ll have 3 of them, the Arctic P12 fans on the rad only have a static pressure of 2.20mm H2O, is that alright? or will the pressure be too high that the liquid freezer won’t be able to catch the air to exhaust it?

Last edited: