NEED HELP evga geforce 660 ti something is wrong

chrisbourg1192

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
I recently bought a benq xl2420tx monitor. After first plugging it up it worked well and all I had to do was set the resolution to what I wanted. I used the Nvidia control panel and everything was fine. I even tried the 3d setup and tested a few games. Nothing was wrong. When I played cod black ops 2 the color inverted a few times and as I loaded the career the game would freeze during the video clip and restart my computer. I got frustrated and went on to play counter strike go which was quite fun but my crosshair wouldn't line up in 3d.
Well, since I hadn't been on my computer in almost a month there were a few updates I needed. Such as steam and uplay. And I think also had an Nvidia update I'm not quite sure. Anyway, I shut down the computer and later that day I came back to show my girlfriend how cool the 3d looked.
When I turned my computer on it was like all my settings were gone. The actual view of the screen was about 20% of the surface of the monitor. It wasnt the same as I left it. I tried multiple times to open Nvidia control panel to fix it but all I got was this message: "you are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia gpu"

I had the monitor plugged up using a monster 1000hd hdmi cable. I've tried hdmi and div inputs but neither are working. I've tried downloading new drivers and even restoring my computer to an earlier date but I can't figure it out.
-and yes i DID have it plugged to the graphics card and not the motherboard.
PLEASE HELP

Manufacturer: cyberpowerpc
Windows 8 64-bit
Intel core I7-3770k
2x8gb ram (16gb)
Nvidia GeForce 660 ti

also i went to control panel > device manager and under display adapters i saw my video card. i viewed the properties of it and there was this error message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

-someone from cyberpowerpc told me to try and reseat the gpu and check connections and i did. that did not help
-i used driver fusion to clean all files left behind after i uninstalled and when i reinstalled new drivers i got the same error

GamerHell

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Several things can cause this. I am going to assume that you have a basic understanding of computers and Windows.

I would uninstall the drivers. Boot into safe mode. Go to the Device manager / Computer management.

Under view, show hidden devices

Make sure all the video Nvida parts are gone from the display adapters.

Download the newest drivers from Nvidia (no beta)

Reboot

Install the drivers. Do a clean install

--------------------------
If that doesn't help then:

1. Update your BIOS

2. Some monitors need their own inf files installed

3. If you have more than one PCI slot for video, switch card location

If that fails, then if possible try a different monitor.

Please also see:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/errorc/a/code-43-error.htm