[SOLVED] Need help factory resetting

Oct 24, 2019
So my grandpa gave me a macbook pro for Christmas I believe it's from 2014 and I'm looking to reset it I already backed up all his data with time machine and gave it to him but now I'm stuck I'm a windows person and have never owned a mac so this is like learning a whole new language for me I dug all around and wasnt able to find anything to reset it so I took to the internet everywhere I've been it says to hold down command and r while its booting up to get to mac utilities but I cant seem to get into iti know the entire keyboard is working which is why I'm confused the OS version is Mac osX version 10.5.8 it's a macbook pro3.1

So my grandpa gave me a macbook pro for Christmas I believe it's from 2014 and I'm looking to reset it I already backed up all his data with time machine and gave it to him but now I'm stuck I'm a windows person and have never owned a mac so this is like learning a whole new language for me I dug all around and wasnt able to find anything to reset it so I took to the internet everywhere I've been it says to hold down command and r while its booting up to get to mac utilities but I cant seem to get into iti know the entire keyboard is working which is why I'm confused the OS version is Mac osX version 10.5.8 it's a macbook pro3.1
You can install Win 10 on your Mac.