Need help fans installation

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hi guys,

I have this case: Corsair Carbide 500R, and I'm in the process of installing the fans, but I'm not really sure how to install them? Where do i install the exhaust and intake fans? I can install 7 120mm.

x2 Fans up
x1 Fan rear
x2 Fans side or x1 200mm Fan
x2 Fans front

I am sorry but im not really experienced as this is my 2nd build so please do bear with me

Thanks a lot for your help

Solution
As @skynetrising said it. That's how the Airflow goes. The fans at front will blow cold air inside, the ones at the back and at the top are made for exhaust. If you have more than 1 type of fan with different CFM ratings: you want to have more intake than exhaust (the other way around would just make you waste precious CFM).

clickyclick

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Yeah, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I just want to know where to place them in terms of airflow as to which ones should be exhaust and which should be intake. I just wanted to map out the air flow so I know what to buy.

Thank you!

This is, how it should go.

CC-9011078-WW-750D_AF_003.png

As @skynetrising said it. That's how the Airflow goes. The fans at front will blow cold air inside, the ones at the back and at the top are made for exhaust. If you have more than 1 type of fan with different CFM ratings: you want to have more intake than exhaust (the other way around would just make you waste precious CFM).

Solution