[SOLVED] Need help figuring out what drivers to download

Anon23

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
Ok so just recently I bought new computer parts which I will send to a shop to be assembled, and I heard that you need to download drivers for each part that you upgrade

I have gotten 5 new parts which are
a GPU: AMD RX 5700 XT
a CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
a PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850
a Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
and finally some Ram:
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (for AMD Ryzen) Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Know I wanna be able to set up my computer with no issues what so ever, so that I don't break anything later on, so if anyone here can compile a list of drivers that i need to install it would be of immense help

Solution
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

From here and on a working computer, download this tool to create the Windows Installation Media.

TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi) Motherboard Manual

Once your computer is built, insert this media and power up the computer. You may need to change the boot priority in order for your computer to boot from the install media.
See Pg 3-2 to enter BIOS
See Pg 3-16/17 for Boot Priority

This installs Windows (clean) onto your system. Once the Windows install completes, move on to installing the drivers.

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) Driver Download Page

From here, download and install drivers for Audio, LAN, Wireless, Chipset, SATA and BlueTooth.

AMD RX 5700 XT Driver Download Page

From...

Lutfij

Titan
You should ideally reinstall your OS after you get the system powered up, make sure the board is on the latest BIOS update and then install all drivers for motherbaord, downloading them from AMD's support site of Asus's support site.

You will additionally need drivers for your GPU, from AMD or the manufacturer of the GPU.

Anon23

Reputable
Nov 12, 2015
You should ideally reinstall your OS after you get the system powered up, make sure the board is on the latest BIOS update and then install all drivers for motherbaord, downloading them from AMD's support site of Asus's support site.

You will additionally need drivers for your GPU, from AMD or the manufacturer of the GPU.
Alright, and by reinstalling windows it does not mean that my data on my HDD will be deleted correct? And if I may ask; what are some programs that will help me figure out how to reinstall the OS. Are there any windows programs that do that automatically? or must I manually download windows again?

EDIT: Also I don't understand what you mean by downloading them from AMD's support site of Asus' support site. So is there some sort of section in Asus' support site that would lead me to AMD drivers?

EDIT2: I have also seen on Microsoft's website that there are several types of reinstalling windows, is there a certain one that I must choose or may I simply pick reinstall and keep all my data?

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

From here and on a working computer, download this tool to create the Windows Installation Media.

TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi) Motherboard Manual

Once your computer is built, insert this media and power up the computer. You may need to change the boot priority in order for your computer to boot from the install media.
See Pg 3-2 to enter BIOS
See Pg 3-16/17 for Boot Priority

This installs Windows (clean) onto your system. Once the Windows install completes, move on to installing the drivers.

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) Driver Download Page

From here, download and install drivers for Audio, LAN, Wireless, Chipset, SATA and BlueTooth.

AMD RX 5700 XT Driver Download Page

From here, download and install drivers for your graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Solution