Question Need help figuring out whats going on with a year old system losing power constantly

Sir North

Reputable
Jun 16, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Recently, in the last 5 days, my desktop has gone from operating perfectly well to now cutting power about once a day. I've searched the forums for a solution and plenty seems similar, but none of their solutions have fixed the problem.

Here is the build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/zuesman101/saved/#view=twNZ8d

So, about 5 days ago, the computer completely cut power with no warning. No shutdown, it was like it was unplugged. It took about 5 restarts to get the computer to boot back into windows, usually it either didn't pick up the boot ssd or windows began infinitely loading. When I did get into windows, I would attempt to log in. After entering my pin it would attempt to load to desktop but would always take a minute and fail, bringing me back to the login screen. On the second try it always brought me instantaneously to the desktop. Once on the desktop, I would have about a minute of normal operation before windows "froze". If audio was playing I could still hear it, and video such as a youtube video would continue playing, but other than that everything would freeze (again besides video and audio playback). I would have about 30 seconds of mouse movement before the mouse would then freeze as well. About a minute later everything would return to normal. This would repeat about 1 to 2 times in the next 5 minutes before the computer would go back to fully normal operation. Some amount of hours later, anywhere between 8-16, the computer would cut power again and the process would repeat itself. One thing to note is that the 5 or so reboots were only needed the first time. Since then it boots on the first try every time, but all other problems repeat.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sir North

Reputable
Jun 16, 2016
Ive run event viewer after every "power out" and it only records kernel power 44 - unexpected shutdown. I thought it could be a power supply issue, but it seems to be of normal temperature every time it crashes and the fan on it is running. No clicking either to suggest a deformed/missing blade.