Question Need help figuring out where to plug in cable

Apr 25, 2023
Hi I haven't built a pc in a while so I need a little bit of help. This is a power supply cable with 2 4 pin molex connectors and one small 4 pin connector. Can i plug in 2 fans into the molex connectors and plug the small 4 pin at the end into the motherboard fan header?
MY4l4Rm.jpeg

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives, GPU, Fans, case, other peripherals = ?

It may be possible but I would not do so without having some supporting documentation such as the applicable User Guides/Manuals for motherboard, PSU, etc..

More information needed.

Apr 25, 2023
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives, GPU, Fans, case, other peripherals = ?

It may be possible but I would not do so without having some supporting documentation such as the applicable User Guides/Manuals for motherboard, PSU, etc..

More information needed.
Mobo: Gigabyte z370 hd3
PSU: MODXSTREAM-PRO 500W 80+
Fans: Generic offbrand (falcon) 12V fans with molex connectors (only 2 pins)
PSU manual doesn't say anything
Motherboard manual says "These fan headers are not configuration jumper blocks. Do not place a jumper cap on the headers" on page 13 for sys_fan headers. Does that mean I can't? https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z370-hd3_e.pdf

According to a review by OC3D made in January 2009, the cable has 2 molex and one floppy drive connector. You should not connect it to a motherboard. You probably should not use the PSU at all, due to its age.