Question Need help figuring out why my PC is freezing

mikesuperrc

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hi
I'm having an issue with my PC is freezing and the only way to get it working again is by holding down the power button.

I only happens in games and 90% of the time it coincides with the opening of an inventory or loading into the world.
Most of the time when it freezes I can still talk in Discord via voice chat and sometimes I can still move the mouse cursor.
If I have anything open on the second monitor eg. task manager, Argus monitor, Corsair link, ect. They still display data, the graphs still move, etc. but I can't click on them or do anything. Not even control-alt-delete works.
All my temperatures seem to be fine
CPU rarely goes above 45-50
GPU idles at around 30 to 40 and at full load is between 60 and 70
The rest of the temperature sensors are usually under 30 to 40
The only thing that really concerns me is the SSD sometimes gets to the mid 50s, but the PC freezing doesn't seem to coincide with higher hard drive Temps.

Things I have tried include
Reseating the GPU, RAM and SSD
Unplugging additional hard drives.
Unplugging the extra monitors.
Did a fresh install of windows twice and only installing bare minimum apps and games.
Moved the SSD to the other m.2 slot.

PC specs:
AMD ryzen 5 1600 under a Corsair h100i v2 all in one. ( was overclocked to 3.8 at 1.26v(0.025v offset) but the first thing I did when the issue started happening was reset the BIOS to factory settings & clocks)
MSI gaming x GTX 1070
16GB of Apacer Panther ram 2400mhz. (was overclocked to 2733mhz and stable at 1.3v. As above remove the overclock straight away)
Corsair ax860i psu
ASUS ROG Strix b350i motherboard
Samsung Evo 970 500gb M. 2 SSD windows installed on this.
1TB Hitachi HDD
500gb Seagate HDD

mikesuperrc

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Have also ran memtest86
As well as crystal disk.
Both checked out fine.

I have also ran prime95, and Intel burn test on highest setting and no freezing.
Have also tried prime95 and superposition at the same time and still not freezing.

mikesuperrc

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Any one able to help?
I'm still having the issue. Last night it froze about 2 minutes into playing Ark. And it's not just Ark, issues seems to be across most games. Has happened in Guild Wars 2 a few seconds after entering a new zone and also in Farming Simulator 19 while on the loading screen.