Question Need help finding<$100 ATX case

ReveurGAM

Commendable
Sep 28, 2022
I do NOT care about visuals, nor do I care about cable management channels or if it's not strong enough for someone to sit on (who would even do that???), but I don't like sharp edges or easily broken parts.

I will be in and out of the case often as I test various things, so convenience in that regard is a plus.

Testing is primarily related to thermals, but also performance.

It should be similar in terms of thermal performance to the Corsair 5000X with decent front to back airflow, with or without mobo-side mount, and not be a terrarium hot box case. If it has the possibility of also producing good bottom to top airflow, too, that would be super!

Don't worry about fans - I have plenty.

It must have
  1. Compatible with ATX mobo;
  2. Price <=$100;
  3. >=2 USB 3.x A (preferably 3.2) and >=1 USB 3.x C gen 2 (no USB 2) on the I/O panel;
  4. air cooler height >=170mm;
  5. max GC length >=340mm (vertical mount isn't important unless it actually gives the card breathing room); and
  6. Can handle a 360mm front rad of any thickness (ex without fans: LF3: 38mm, Hyte Thicc Q60 52mm) so consider the fattest rad with 38mm fans or, if that's impossible, 30mm; and compatible with ATX mobo. If 30mm+rad is also impossible or very unreasonable, I'll have to use 25mm fans.

Do you know of any cases that would meet my needs? I've already looked at hundreds on NewEgg but, while I came up with a short list, most don't indicate what the maximum rad thickness can be.

Please note that I am boycotting Amazon; as their employee, I refuse to give them my money after all the illegal and unethical behavior I've seen and experienced.

Thanks for your input!

ReveurGAM

Commendable
Sep 28, 2022
This is one example;
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kKKscf/asus-a21-microatx-mini-tower-case-90dc00h0-b09000
but you would need to populate it with fans.

You could put your build on PCPartPicker and the choices of cases would be narrowed down. Currently I have this shortlist, set to filter out cases below or at $100;
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=0,10000&sort=price&page=2
Thanks, I'll look through that list. I wish ANY of the PC building sites had enough filters.

Unfortunately, that Asus is not ATX.

TRENDING THREADS