[SOLVED] Need help finding a long 1/8 t0 1/4 cable that is durable enough to take frequent bending at 1/4 plug to wire section.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
At least 20ft, where the 1/4 plug goes in the wire is often bent at an angle and fails quickly there. As it's difficult to find longer cables like this I've actually only used one brand, then received a replacement, failed same place. Was thinking wrapping some electrical tape around that area to reduce the bend at that point (is for my child's headphone so he can sit on bed and watch his shows, room is 10ft wall to wall.)

Solution
I wonder if I'd be better off just buying a right angle cable, instead of adding the adapter, or think going with an adapter better?
the adaptor will act like a break away device and i think it will be cheaper and easier to change adaptpors if it breaks than changing that long cable

kanewolf

Titan
At least 20ft, where the 1/4 plug goes in the wire is often bent at an angle and fails quickly there. As it's difficult to find longer cables like this I've actually only used one brand, then received a replacement, failed same place. Was thinking wrapping some electrical tape around that area to reduce the bend at that point (is for my child's headphone so he can sit on bed and watch his shows, room is 10ft wall to wall.)
Do you want male to male, male to female? 1/4 inch on both ends ?