Need help finding a mouse driver

Miketeskin

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
Recently I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8.1 64bit, for the first while after upgrading my mouse was working fine without the driver from the disc, until now. My mouse is a Rude Gameware Fierce Laser Gaming Mouse v. 2 (Amazon link: http://amzn.to/1ppFNRG). Though I lost the disc; I look every for the disc and anywhere i could on Google/ forums to find the driver for the mouse.. I am wondering if anyone of the tom's hardware community knows where i could find the driver. Thank you in advance.

Solution
It honestly sounds like it just doesn't like Windows 8.1. Driver wise at least. A mouse is a mouse, but if it requires drivers to function and those aren't compatible, your mouse is a nice paperweight.

But now since windows detects the mouse, go to device manager and uninstall the problematic driver that is detected if any, and reboot. Leave the mouse plugged in during this process. Log in and see if windows now installs the drivers.

If there is no driver in your device manager being detected, then I would have to say the mouse is just not compatible with 8.1 and would recommend getting another mouse.

For gaming, I recommend the Razer DeathAdder, I've had one for like 5 years now and I have had no issues with it at all. It's been a...

nubbsauce

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
Apparently it is an issue with windows reading the drivers on the mouse. There are no drivers anywhere online that I can find, the best bet is to reinstall/update your USB drivers to let windows know "Hey look at this! Install it!".

Do you know what Motherboard you have?

Miketeskin

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014

My Motherboard is the Asus m5a92 R2.0

I have tried re-installing the usb drivers still does not work, when i check the device manager i get this error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

nubbsauce

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

That code is saying that the driver notified the operating system that the device failed.

To Troubleshoot this, follow these steps:

To open Device Manager, click Start, click Search programs and files, and then type Device Manager. A list of available matching items appears above the search box; click Device Manager. Device Manager opens with your computer name at the top and a list of devices that are installed on your computer beneath your computer name.

Locate the malfunctioning device in the list of devices, right-click the device, and then click Uninstall. When a warning message appears that you are uninstalling a device from your system, click OK. Device manager uninstalls the device.

Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

Right-click the device and click Properties. On the General tab of the device Properties dialog box, in Device status, you should see the message This device is working properly.

Let me know if this works, and we will go from there.

*Note* Try to do this in safe mode as well.

nubbsauce

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
I have seen some people say that the mouse itself doesn't like to work with windows 100% of the time. They said that why wiped and reinstalled windows and the mouse worked fine after that. I don't know why it does that, but I still haven't been able to find drivers for that mouse. I don't know what company would release a mouse with drivers and no way to get them digitally.

But If reinstalling the drivers for the USB didn't work, then I am at a loss. I want to just assume it's not compatible with Windows 8.1 but again, I am not entirely sure.

Does it work in the BIOS or show up in the bios?

Miketeskin

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
It did work for a day after upgrading but it has been 2 since it stopped. I believe when i bought the mouse in 2011 the company took down their website around that time since i couldn't find their website. Although Thank you for trying to help I appreciate it, I'll go on the assumption that it doesn't work with windows 8.1 and get a new mouse.

Miketeskin

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
Ok, as I was about to purchase a new mouse this one wakes up. Although still with one problem.. Windows can not install the last driver for the mouse I get this error "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance."

nubbsauce

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
It honestly sounds like it just doesn't like Windows 8.1. Driver wise at least. A mouse is a mouse, but if it requires drivers to function and those aren't compatible, your mouse is a nice paperweight.

But now since windows detects the mouse, go to device manager and uninstall the problematic driver that is detected if any, and reboot. Leave the mouse plugged in during this process. Log in and see if windows now installs the drivers.

If there is no driver in your device manager being detected, then I would have to say the mouse is just not compatible with 8.1 and would recommend getting another mouse.

For gaming, I recommend the Razer DeathAdder, I've had one for like 5 years now and I have had no issues with it at all. It's been a beautiful mouse haha and the drivers are 8.1 compatible.

Solution