Question Need help finding a specialized 2.5in ssd

So I heard about a specialized ssd a few months ago, and haven't cared to look into it much till recently and haven't found much beside if it is real I guess it is technically only something used in military gear.

To the point though, I guess there's a ssd that has built in extra ram. Yes I know your about to jump the same ssds I was thinking of but not the ones that have allocated cache ram or what ever it called. But extra ram for say like a laptop or if expanding a ps4 extra for the ps4.. however again I'm not sure if the exist and if they do where you would get one but if they don't can someone recommend a good 1tb ssd with ram for faster data transferring

kanewolf

Titan
So I heard about a specialized ssd a few months ago, and haven't cared to look into it much till recently and haven't found much beside if it is real I guess it is technically only something used in military gear.

To the point though, I guess there's a ssd that has built in extra ram. Yes I know your about to jump the same ssds I was thinking of but not the ones that have allocated cache ram or what ever it called. But extra ram for say like a laptop or if expanding a ps4 extra for the ps4.. however again I'm not sure if the exist and if they do where you would get one but if they don't can someone recommend a good 1tb ssd with ram for faster data transferring
What interface do you have to connect to a 2.5 inch drive? The SATA interface will be the limiting factor.

USAFRet

Titan

Where did you hear about this?

What interface do you have to connect to a 2.5 inch drive? The SATA interface will be the limiting factor.
I was going to put it into a PS4
Where did you hear about this?
I was at a computer shop that specializes in custom PC in my area, the shop is certified to work on some military tech but non that has classified info from my understanding and the gentalmen I heard saying something about it was in uniform. So like I said it may just be something for military tech right now.

kanewolf

Titan
Optane is a ssd technology that was supposed to end up as ram modules in the future and double as both ram and storage in low end devices. They are available for servers at insane prices.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-optane-dimm-pricing-performance,39007.html
This may have been what he was talking about and I have heard about these.
Then you should probably read this article -- https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/ps4-ssd.html
The standard answer would be an SSD. It then depends on what size you want vs how much money you want to spend.
I think what you heard about is the hybrid disk or SSHD as listed in the article I linked. That might be the right answer.
I was thinking about something like this as well but I know this isn't what he was talking about. However I'm not to worried persay on price cost because once this PS4 is dead the SSD would be going in my little brothers gaming PC as a spare. I'm looking for about 2tb if the PS4 can take it. However I would like to stay within a $120 budget range. If possible but I would like a durable SSD not m.2