Need help finding out the problem

tastylime

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Can anyone please tell me what the problem is? So basically in games like GTA V whatever settings i had lowest/highest i kept getting massive stutters and dropping to 10-20 fps {NO MATTER WHAT SETTINGS}, i tried solutions people gave me and none of them worked. So i just want to know which component is causing this,

This also happens in OVERWATCH, but it mainly happens when i Alt tab out of the game and open a browser and in that case the game drops frames every 10 - 20 seconds. a restart fixed this but my maybe this can tell the problem?

Also, i installed a game called APB reloaded [a 2012 open world game] just to test if its my pc or the game and i still had stutters and frame drops. alot of times part of the map doesn't load until i get near it.

CPU Goes from 70% to 100 % and GPU 10%-20%
But ram goes to 90%-100% [7.5+/8] gb in task manager
Disk also goes from 60%-100%

I just need to know which component is causing this stuttering because i've seen people with the same setup and they do not have any of the stutters i'm having. Thank you

Specs
i5 7500 3.5ghz
GTX 1060 6gb
1x8 2133 mhz ddr4

Solution
insufficient/ineffective RAM will cause stutters and FPS drops. they could be caused by the following :
* outdated/defective device drivers
* memory leaks from the application/game itself
* RAM specs too low

you can do the followign to fix it
* upgrade to dual channel/faster RAM
* update the drivers for your motherboard (starting with your chipset driver). check also your BIOS
* optimize settings for your OS virtual memory
* visit your application/games support forums and check for updates or workaround fixes
* download an app to manage RAM for you

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
insufficient/ineffective RAM will cause stutters and FPS drops. they could be caused by the following :
* outdated/defective device drivers
* memory leaks from the application/game itself
* RAM specs too low

you can do the followign to fix it
* upgrade to dual channel/faster RAM
* update the drivers for your motherboard (starting with your chipset driver). check also your BIOS
* optimize settings for your OS virtual memory
* visit your application/games support forums and check for updates or workaround fixes
* download an app to manage RAM for you

Solution