Question Need help fixing over ear headphones.

leon.maderic

Prominent
Nov 28, 2018
Recently my left headphone driver started cutting and, and when that happened before usually the trick was just to move the cable around a little until it finally works and then stay in the same position and suffer, but in this case I found a pretty interesting interesting short term fix, but key word being short. I unplug them and plug them back in and then for some reason it works normally again, that is until it stops working again... I tried messing around with it a little more and I realized that wwhen I plug them in only partially (so only the left driver is getting power) then the left driver works normally and the sound is as good as ever, but the problem of it cutting out can still happen tho, but when I plug it in fully I can hear that the left side is a little quieter, and I also tested that by disabling the right driver. I opened the headphones up and I can't find any obvious flaws, and I'm afraid of just resoldering everything because, well... I kinda suck at it and I might f it up even more. If anyone has ANY ideas it would be just fine by me if they wrote them here, thanks!

Recently my left headphone driver started cutting and, and when that happened before usually the trick was just to move the cable around a little until it finally works and then stay in the same position and suffer, but in this case I found a pretty interesting interesting short term fix, but key word being short. I unplug them and plug them back in and then for some reason it works normally again, that is until it stops working again... I tried messing around with it a little more and I realized that wwhen I plug them in only partially (so only the left driver is getting power) then the left driver works normally and the sound is as good as ever, but the problem of it cutting out can still happen tho, but when I plug it in fully I can hear that the left side is a little quieter, and I also tested that by disabling the right driver. I opened the headphones up and I can't find any obvious flaws, and I'm afraid of just resoldering everything because, well... I kinda suck at it and I might f it up even more. If anyone has ANY ideas it would be just fine by me if they wrote them here, thanks!

If you are afraid of working on the wires you won't be able to do anything with them. Without having them in front of someone there is no way to tell you exactly what to do since really all you need to do is re-solder the wire connections through the headset. Or try another cord if the cord is removable.