Question Need Help Fixing Random Black Screen Errors !

Oct 23, 2020
Currently experiencing random black screen errors, these errors tend to occur at random, regardless if I was playing video games or just browsing the internet. When the black screen error occur, both my monitors would loose any display input and both mouse and keyboard would be unresponsive, I have tried the Win+Alt+Ctrl+B to try to reset the display drivers but it does not work and the monitors would stay black. My GPU display drivers are fully up to date. Any help would be great, as this issue is extremely annoying and I would like to fix it as soon as possible.

PC Specs:
MotherBoard: Rampage 4 Black Edition
CPU: Core i& 4930k
RAM:16GB GSkill
GPU: EVGA 1060
PSU: Corsair AX860i

Oct 23, 2020
No overclocking?
You installed latest gpu drivers after using DDU to get rid of old drivers? Might be good.
Can you get your hands on another gpu to test with?
Hey Vic40 Thanks for the reply, currently no overclocking on the GPU or the CPU. And I have not used DDU before installing the new drivers, but I have done it with previous older driver installations and the black screen errors still occurred. Sadly I do not have a spare GPU to test my system with.

Oct 19, 2020
try installing the gpu to another computer and do a graphic test stresser and see if works.. normally that happens when the gpu load is high and no sufficient power is delivered to it.

Oct 23, 2020
Thank you for the reply, I will try to test my GPU in another computer and see if the issues reoccur. The issue that I am experiencing is very odd, I was able to play and stream today for about 5 hours with no issues. Then out of nowhere the black screen error occurs when I am browsing the internet. So I'm not sure if it is a GPU, my screen does turn black but my computer as a whole is not responsive when it happens.

Oct 23, 2020
Have latest bios as well? Maybe do a clear cmos to start ...
Almost sounds like windows is going to sleep, maybe look at windows energy settings as well.

Hi Vic thank you again for the reply, I do have the latest BIOS but have not done a clear CMOS. I remembered being told it could be a power issue a few weeks ago and had set my computer to "never sleep" and the black screen still happened. Honestly very frustrating lol.

Oct 23, 2020
Update: Just experienced another black screen error while in Zoom with my professor. All I had open was streamlabs to record my class lectures and the zoom application opened. Though it could be a RAM issue so I tested my Ram with Memtest86 and the test finished with no errors. Have not be able to stress my GPU in a different PC yet though.