[SOLVED] Need help fixing SSD functionality

Jan 31, 2019
Windows stopped mid reformat and now the SSD wont show up in Device manager.
All the tools I used in the past wont find it. In the device manager it is listed as "unknown device"
I think I somehow damaged the firmware its self. This was a brand new drive it had windows 7 on it running as a test that it worked. I plan on cloning my current drive thus the failed attempt at reformatting.
The hardware IDs in the device manager are all blank so i have no idea where to go from here. The SSD in question is a TCSunbow x3 1tb drive Sn :X31T101969. I don't want anything off it i just want to act like it came off the assembly line.

Solution
yes drive is unreadable you need to be able to read it to do clean command, I found the solution the SSD works fine now. I had to power down the computer disconnect the sata cable leave the power cable to the ssd in place. then allow the drive to run with no connection for 45 seconds then plug the SSD sata back in well the computer was running. that somehow resets something in it and I have access to it again. it reformatted fine after that. Literally Indian tech support advice off then on again fixed it.
Yes i know these are cheap af, The first one they sent me did not work at all this is the sorry we messed up replacement.
Jan 31, 2019

Drive 0 =the ssd
~~
DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
Disk 0 Online 0 B 0 B
Disk 1 Online 931 GB 476 MB *
~~

disk 1 is the HHD

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Ah, just noticed the brand of the SSD. Given it appears to be some off-brand chinese SSD, which has a bunch of 1 star reviews on Amazon about the drive failing prematurely, maybe it is broken.

Did you try any of the subsequent diskpart commands in that article, e.g. "clean"?

Jan 31, 2019
yes drive is unreadable you need to be able to read it to do clean command, I found the solution the SSD works fine now. I had to power down the computer disconnect the sata cable leave the power cable to the ssd in place. then allow the drive to run with no connection for 45 seconds then plug the SSD sata back in well the computer was running. that somehow resets something in it and I have access to it again. it reformatted fine after that. Literally Indian tech support advice off then on again fixed it.
Yes i know these are cheap af, The first one they sent me did not work at all this is the sorry we messed up replacement.

Solution