Need Help! G.Skill FlareX non-QVL RAM not working perfectly in Asus Strix B350F Gaming Mobo

AniChatt

Distinguished
Hello Everybody,
Here is my new Ryzen 5 build,
Asus Strix B350F latest bios Version 0805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a
Ryzen 5 1600X
G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB F4-3200C14D- 16GFX
Asus Strix GTX970
Seasonic X-850 PSU
Windows Version: 1703

During RAM decision I have no Idea that G.Skills FlareX AMD compatible RAM will not be in QVL list of Asus Strix B350F gaming motherboard. So I purchased these RAM and installed on my new system. It do work in it's default specified timing and frequency when I select D.O.C.P profile automatically 3200Mhz appears (along with exact timing). But I was getting some sudden display shutdown (No Signal in display and every single component USB freeze to work at that time, even long press power button not works to shut the PC down), DRAM error light on Mobo sometimes blinking and some times glowing constant and display shutdown then restart etc. So I thing it is the RAM issue. Windows Memory Diagnostics not shown any error but I have found the Memtest86 and will test it with this software and post the result eventually.
Contacted Asus support for the same and they have confirmed me the QVL list will be eventually updated. Untill then what I can do? Is there any tips to make it work in my mobo or it is not the RAM problem?
Please help me on this issue. Thanks for reading.

AniChatt

Distinguished

Thanks a lot for the reply. With latest 0809 bios I am able to push it up to 3200 default. Now i have not seen any isses like ram error debug led or something. However while running prime 95 for more than 2 hours I am getting few worker stopped error but pc is still running fine. When I reduce the speed to 3066 in asus docp profile then it worked fine in stress test. So I think the mobo is not 100 supporting the ram right?
Just to ask can I run 4 sticks of this ram in this mobo?
Waiting for reply.....

AniChatt

Distinguished

Thanks. Actually I am too concerned with Ryzen safe voltage because it is too many debates going on and still I don't have a very stable bios with good compatibility. Just CPB on and everything default spikes ryzen vcore up to 1.5v for a second to boost 4.1GHz. just to mention the worker stopped issue happened with CPB on.
Would you please suggest a decent voltage for cpu and soc to check it.
Another question,
I need to upgrade ram to 32GB and i ordered exactly same kit. So I am asking what might be a good config to run this,
1. RAM channel 1: my current 16GB kit in 2x8GB format
2. RAM channel 2: newly ordered 16GB in 2x8GB format
Or,
1. RAM channel 1: one new+old dimm
2. RAM channel 2: one new+old dimm
Which will be better and hope I have explained you properly....

Leave CPB disabled.

Voltages depend on your CPU as it can vary with each, even of the same exact model.

Each kit should be in same color slots.

Each kit, have one module installed in Channel A, the other in Channel B.

Each kit should link between Channel A and B, some times there is confusion thinking Channel A should connect with Channel A, but this is not correct. This is single channel if modules are only installed in Channel A slots.

AniChatt

Distinguished

Thanks.
If i leave CPB off then it will also turn off XFR and the max CPU clock will be 3.6. So then I have to manually OC the CPU right? It runs up to 4.0 Ghz with 1.45 volt which is a bit high it seems not sure though. Runs fine at 3.9 Ghz with 1.385v.
So what will be better? Does CPB has anything to do with ram?

AniChatt

Distinguished

I am currently running 3.9 GHz 1.38v (1.375 (D) + 0.00625(offset)) and it is stable and lowest. When CPB is on core voltage is from 1.10 to 1.51v and frequency reaches up to 4.1GHz. As per Asus it is normal. When at default clock and CPB off, my core volt is approx 1.22v for 3600Mhz max.
But I am not using CPB and for my OC setting the voltage is from 1.35 to 1.41 and under load it remains steady at 1.356.

Now coming to the RAM,
I have tested SOC voltage 1.1(D)+.0065 and 1.1(D)+.0125 with VTDDR to 0.685 but same problem and no change in behavior. again reset it to default profile and tried to loosen the timing 16-16-16-36 and 18-18-18-38 but same. It seems bios fix is required for this mobo. Bios 0805 I was facing problem some times in almost any frequency. Then from 0806 it has started work fine up to 3066MHz. So it seems I need a better bios for 3200 MHz. thanks again.

But the new kit is also working fine (2x8GB Kit + 2x8GB Kit) and I have not experienced a single issue up to 3066 MHz for any combination of RAM channel.

AniChatt

Distinguished
Finally achieved 3200 for all 4 dimms purchased as two different kits with the help of settings as calculated by a programme named Ryzen DRAM calculator designed by a guy in Overclock.net. As per provided spd info this programme recommends almost all settings to be typed manually in asus bios. When typed I found the safe mode is absolutely stable. I have also used its fast setting with a bit tighter timings which again worked. I simply can't believe that it would be so easy. thanks to the developer named "1usmus".
And finally Asus developer simply don't bother to provide auto settings for this ram. They should thank this guy. However my problem has been solved.