Need help getting rid of linux and putting windows 7 on a labtop.

Rocko19

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
So I got a labtop that has linux on it, I want windows 7 and it had windows 7 on it at when it was bought. Not sure if the lunix that is on here is a legit copy or a torrented one. I have another laptop with windows 7 on it also. I know nothing about linux or if the windows 7 is still on here but like hidden or something. I know some stuff about getting around on a windows computer, I know how to get into root on linux also. Any help will be awesome! Thank you for your time.

Solution
If you have no OS, your computer is no more useful than it is now. You can't do anything; it will just sit there asking you to insert a boot disc.

Boot off any OS install disk. If it's a linux disk, go into the partition manager and delete all the partitions. If it's windows, wait until it asks you where to install to, hit Advanced, delete all the partitions, then cancel the install and shut down.
Hi

If you download Hirens Boot CD, burn it to a CD-R
then boot off CD
start Mini Windows (XP) then run Disk Management.

You can then use Disk Management to see what partitions exist and if any are recognisable as FAT32 or NTFS
and several GB in size.

If you dont have any Windows recovery partitions which could be used to re install windows

You need to buy a Windows DVD

The laptop manufacturer may be able to sell you a Windows recovery disk set cheaper than a Microsoft System builder OEM or retail DVD

The only free alternative is if you know someone with an identical make & model laptop who will lend you their Windows recovery DVD set

Note you (or who ever installed the Linux) should have made a Windows 7 recovery disk set before installing Linux

regards
Mike Barnes

Rocko19

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
So I got a recovery thing from a computer i have and put it on a flash drive, tried to get it to use it as boot didn't work, also tried to recover and my screen just went black, Half the time when I turn it on it just stays black, lights up for a sec and then stays black. Is there a easy way to just get linux off my computer? like wipe it clean and have no OS and put one on when I want/get windows 7 again because I can get one from my other computer off a site and put it on there but I cant get around linux its all kinds of messed up. get alot of system errors anytime I do anything. I dont have the money to spend to buy a dvd or new disc from anywhere.

If you have no OS, your computer is no more useful than it is now. You can't do anything; it will just sit there asking you to insert a boot disc.

Boot off any OS install disk. If it's a linux disk, go into the partition manager and delete all the partitions. If it's windows, wait until it asks you where to install to, hit Advanced, delete all the partitions, then cancel the install and shut down.

Solution