[SOLVED] [Need Help]GPU fan is running but showing 0 RPM, can't change the speed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
hello, how's everyone doing?
My PC: Nothing is overclocked.
ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
i7 6700k
Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
Adata XPG Spectrix RPG 2Tb
Samsung 860 Evo 512Gb x2
Cooler Master ML360 R
Corsair AX 860i
Windows 10 Pro -64bit

So everything was working fine up until yesterday, since yesterday my GPU Fans rpm is showing 0. The fans are running and I think they are running at their highest speed, but the percentage of the fan speed changes but not the speed which is so confusing because the fan speed suppose to change as well along with the percentage of the speed. When I select 0 % HW Monitor shows the change in percentage but the Fans still remain at their same speed.
It was working fine and then windows updated upon shutdown and after that (when I boot the system today) I am having this issue (to my knowledge). But then same thing is happening in my Win7 as well.
Is there a way to fix this issue?
I'll really appreciate the help, Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
I'm already using the gigabyte xtreme app. when i mentioned in my original post that the fan speed % changes but the speed remains the same, I was doing it in the very same app. I am using it since 2016 when i built my system.

Other than PWM cable (pls don't disassemble the cooler on your own!) I have no clue what'd cause such a problem. Faulty driver, maybe? However, if it's working at 100% the moment you turn on the PC and it goes post-POST, the temperature should be in the "idle fan-stop" range, which is why it's showing a constant 0% fan speed, so sensors and fan controls are doing their jobs correctly, but the fans don't.

EDIT: Try DDU and then reinstall your drivers.

AB2647

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021
I assume I'll have to open the card to do that right? I'm a total noob at that and I've never done that before. I guess I'll have a pro take look at that.

Yes, but that means it's not a PWM problem. Try downloading Gigabyte's Xtreme Gaming Engine from their official site. ( here ) [If it does cross any guidelines, I'll edit it out ASAP]. Other Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 users have also reported the same problem, and have found a fix with this engine, although one had to RMA the card.

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
Yes, but that means it's not a PWM problem. Try downloading Gigabyte's Xtreme Gaming Engine from their official site. ( here ) [If it does cross any guidelines, I'll edit it out ASAP]. Other Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 users have also reported the same problem, and have found a fix with this engine, although one had to RMA the card.
I'm already using the gigabyte xtreme app. when i mentioned in my original post that the fan speed % changes but the speed remains the same, I was doing it in the very same app. I am using it since 2016 when i built my system.

AB2647

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021

Other than PWM cable (pls don't disassemble the cooler on your own!) I have no clue what'd cause such a problem. Faulty driver, maybe? However, if it's working at 100% the moment you turn on the PC and it goes post-POST, the temperature should be in the "idle fan-stop" range, which is why it's showing a constant 0% fan speed, so sensors and fan controls are doing their jobs correctly, but the fans don't.

Last edited:
Solution

Zaselim

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015

Yes the temp right now is at 33-34C (room temp 27C) at idle and watching a movie/video at 1080p. I'll try DDU and then reinstalling the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.