[SOLVED] Need Help in Memory Upgrade to 16GB.

I am looking for upgrading my system memory. The only available option for me is "Patriot Signature Line Series 16GB 3200Mhz". I already went through the Motherboard specification. But there are confusing two versions as "VD/S and VD/S V2".
However "VD/S" claims to support up to 3200Mhz while the VD/S V2 (The newer version which I assumed). only support up to 2666Mhz.

Following are my current specification, Please let me know if this will work for me

MSI A320M PRO-VD/S V2

Currently, I have two 4GB 2133MHz modules filling two of my lanes, I would also like to know if I can keep one of them replacing the other lane with the mention DIMM.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
MSI A320M PRO-VD/S V2 supports up to 2667MHz RAM.
Mixing RAM as you propose is a NO NO. Yes they sometimes work however only at the lower of the two frequency and even then you may encounter issues.

Get a single kit the size you need at a frequency the MB and CPU support and listed on the MB QVL. That way you know they are tested and known to work.
MSI A320M PRO-VD/S V2 supports up to 2667MHz RAM.
Mixing RAM as you propose is a NO NO. Yes they sometimes work however only at the lower of the two frequency and even then you may encounter issues.

Get a single kit the size you need at a frequency the MB and CPU support and listed on the MB QVL. That way you know they are tested and known to work.

Solution
Thanks, Mean. Actually, I have another machine that legitimately supports this RAM so I bought it today. Luckily it works on both machines. Regardless of what they claim it worked on my A320M. (With lower speed as you mentioned). Also, I couldn't help myself from MIXING RAMS... So I tried to mix it with an old 4GB 2400MHz. Aaand it worked too... 😂 But again with lower clocks. However, at the moment I'm running only the new one. So thanks again for the info really appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS