Need help installing win7 on HP Liant Pro ML350

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
I'm trying to turn a couple old gen 5 Liant pro ml350s into work stations.

I've successfully installed win7 but it's not recongizing all the drives installed. On the physical machine I get red LEDs next to the 2nd and 3rd drives but the boot drive works fine. I'd like to run raid 0 on the boot drive and a raid 10 array on the 2nd and 3rd drives.

I don't have any experience with these machines I just inherited them and if I can get them running I can utilize them.

Is there a driver I need to install so that I can configure and see all the drives?

Maybe bios settings I need to change? I know I get an error that the machine isn't fully redundant due to only plugging in one PSU cable. Is there a way to get rid of this error? Can I just uninstalled the second PSU or will it error any way?

Thanks,
Kevin

Solution
The drivers you need are only available for server OS's. Been there, done that. Believe me, it isn't worth the headache just to find out it isn't going to work. Those machines were never intended to be used as workstations.

theEmbark

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
I guess that would make sense but I have heard of people operating normally win7 on these machines.

With a server version of win most my software wouldn't be supported. I guess I'm trying to decide what to do with these machines if anything. If I can get the OS to display all storage drives then I've really got what I need.

Just looking for some ideas!

Thanks,
Kevin