[SOLVED] Need Help looking for a comfortable pair of cans for extended use.

Oct 22, 2020
I'm not a competitive Gamer and im not analyzing music. I'm just looking for a nice pair of comfy and durable headphones that can be used for discord, movies, games and music that I can wear for 6+ hours.
Budget:
Around 150$ but preferably under also not going to be using an amp any time in the near future
Source:
Ill be using them primarily on my Pc maybe with my phone if its coinvent.
Requirements for Isolation:
I really don't know. I know open backs have really nice spatial sound, are easy to listen too for really long hours but bleed a lot. Ill be in discord calls for a lot of my time and I don't know if the bleed can be helped with a noise cancelling microphone.
As for closed backs, they seem to check all my audio needs. Nice bass, no bleed, good isolation but from what I heard; cause a lot of user fatigue when used for extended periods.
I think I lean more towards an open back, if I can mitigate the bleed with some kind of microphone setup.
Will you be using these Headphones in Public?
Nope just at home
Preferred Type of Headphone:
full-sized
Preferred tonal balance:
not a bass addict but its my most enjoyable aspect.
Past headphones:
Just trash gaming headsets. The "best" ones I've had where the SteelSeries arctis pro but they snapped.
Preferred Music:
I listen to a lot of hip hop and metal but I also really enjoy orchestral music.
Thanks for the help.

Solution
D
The DT770 is also a headphone with very good bass. It's closed back though vs the X2 being open back. One of the strong points of the X2 is a huge soundstage making them very good for gaming. The DT770 isn't as 'big' sounding and is more like hearing music in a small club vs a stadium with the X2. If you don't need the isolation of the closed back 770s I'd still recommend the X2.

The 58X is a very good headphone but it's a typical Sennheiser with rolled off bass. The X2 when launched was an HD650 ( HD6XX ) competitor. A step up from the 58X.

For sheer comfort the HD599 can't be beat. But it's overpriced due to the pandemic. It should be about the same $145 as the X2. And then it's just a comfort win not a sound quality win.
D

Deleted member 217926

You can still get the Fidelio X2HR for $144. It went lower on Prime day but it's discontinued for the recently released ( less good by what I've read ) Fidelio X3. This is a headphone that got rave reviews at its launch price of $299. It has excellent bass for an open back dynamic driver headphone. Good bass not Beats bass. It doesn't overwhelm the other frequencies.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-X2HR...ronics&sprefix=fidelio,electronics,177&sr=1-1

Reactions: TopBun
Oct 22, 2020
You can still get the Fidelio X2HR for $144. It went lower on Prime day but it's discontinued for the recently released ( less good by what I've read ) Fidelio X3. This is a headphone that got rave reviews at its launch price of $299. It has excellent bass for an open back dynamic driver headphone. Good bass not Beats bass. It doesn't overwhelm the other frequencies.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-X2HR-Over-Ear-Open-Air-Headphone/dp/B01N5VHLUG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2K83U79GPS1C9&dchild=1&keywords=fidelio+x2hr&qid=1603422662&s=electronics&sprefix=fidelio,electronics,177&sr=1-1

What are your opinions on the bt 770 pro 80 ohms or the hd58x?

D

Deleted member 217926

The DT770 is also a headphone with very good bass. It's closed back though vs the X2 being open back. One of the strong points of the X2 is a huge soundstage making them very good for gaming. The DT770 isn't as 'big' sounding and is more like hearing music in a small club vs a stadium with the X2. If you don't need the isolation of the closed back 770s I'd still recommend the X2.

The 58X is a very good headphone but it's a typical Sennheiser with rolled off bass. The X2 when launched was an HD650 ( HD6XX ) competitor. A step up from the 58X.

For sheer comfort the HD599 can't be beat. But it's overpriced due to the pandemic. It should be about the same $145 as the X2. And then it's just a comfort win not a sound quality win.

Solution
Oct 22, 2020

Thank you for the detailed reply :) im sold, going to cancel my DT770 Order and go for the X2.
I might order both just to compare but ill go with x2 first
Thank you so much for your help.

D

Deleted member 217926

Go for a comparison if you can. That's always best. I own the X2HR and I don't keep anything I don't like. It's a steal at less than $150.