Question Need help Moving Windows 10 onto my SSD

HopeItsAvailable

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Recently, I built my first PC but I am new to this whole thing and didn’t realize I should’ve downloaded my OS onto my SSD and instead I downloaded it to my HDD. Now, I have 500gb of things which is too much for my 240gb ssd. I also have an external 2tb hdd type of thing that I’m thinking I might be able to use. This external drive is literally external and not even in my case. Here’s my question: What’s my best option for moving my OS over to my SSD and can I make my life easier with the external drive?

steviewonder87

Commendable
Feb 19, 2017
An alternative option would be to remove everything you don't want to copy to your SSD from the HDD and put it on your external drive, until the HDD is at least under 250gb, and then clone it to your SSD.

Go with the above suggestion, clear the SSD to the external drive plus non OS related stuff from the HDD then clone it to the SSD. Only other thing I'll add, once you've got the OS on the SSD, you'll need to go into the BIOS and change the boot drive to the SSD....just to be sure it worked, I'd unplug the HDD until you know the SSD is the boot drive, then you can reconnect the HDD and format it, then copy the files you want back onto it.