Question Need help New PC Screen is black/no signal

Jan 5, 2020
i just got my new pc parts
MOBO:Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wi-Fi
CPU: Reyzen 7 2700x
GPU:Gigabyte RTX2070
RAM: Corsair 8GB*4(CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

i plugged in PC everything is powered up but i am getting no signal on display i tried to remove GPU and use Mobo HDMI port same result
reason why i put question in memory section of site cos in my exp its usually ram issue when pc is displaying nothing right? any suggestions?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I assume you didn't inadvertently plug the HDMI cable into the iGPU port by mistake? Probably not, but best to get that out of the way. Besides, that CPU has no iGPU. So you'll never get a display from that port.

Your monitor isn't an old one where you have to switch between inputs manually is it?
If all that is OK, I would probably next go the breadboard route. Remove the board from the case and connect just CPU/cooler, RAM, PSU, gfx card, monitor. Start by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power button would connect to. If there is no display, I would consider the board or the card the culprit. The card can be tested on another machine.

Jan 5, 2020
I assume you didn't inadvertently plug the HDMI cable into the iGPU port by mistake? Probably not, but best to get that out of the way. Besides, that CPU has no iGPU. So you'll never get a display from that port.

Your monitor isn't an old one where you have to switch between inputs manually is it?
If all that is OK, I would probably next go the breadboard route. Remove the board from the case and connect just CPU/cooler, RAM, PSU, gfx card, monitor. Start by momentarily shorting the two pins that the power button would connect to. If there is no display, I would consider the board or the card the culprit. The card can be tested on another machine.
i will try that tomorrow i was first thinking that there could be RAM compatibility issue there

Jan 5, 2020
That RAM should be fine. I've used the white version in my early B350 board even.
stupid question but how do i know if i mis placed the CPU in its socket? if i remember correctly i follow the triangle marker on CPU to match it with socket but just to double check or is only way is to remove socket n see for myself?also if i did so could i have damaged the small PINs on CPU this way?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
stupid question but how do i know if i mis placed the CPU in its socket? if i remember correctly i follow the triangle marker on CPU to match it with socket but just to double check or is only way is to remove socket n see for myself?also if i did so could i have damaged the small PINs on CPU this way?
I doubt you could insert the CPU into the socket if it was turned the wrong way if you tried. The CPU's diamond should be in the corner opposite the lever handle end. See Photo.

Jan 5, 2020
I doubt you could insert the CPU into the socket if it was turned the wrong way if you tried. The CPU's diamond should be in the corner opposite the lever handle end. See Photo.
as far i remember thats how i placed the CPU fingers crossed something new happens when i try once again really dont want Board to be damaged or anything

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
When you try to boot up, do case fans run? CPU cooler fan? Motherboard lights (if any exist)?
Check that one of the memory sticks isn't only partially seated, too. Had that happen.
Another error is when the builder adds a standoff that isn't needed and it ends up shorting out the back of the board. Sometimes folks just throw in all the standoffs just because there's holes for them.
When you breadboard it outside the case, be sure to set the board on an insulated surface.

Jan 5, 2020
When you try to boot up, do case fans run? CPU cooler fan? Motherboard lights (if any exist)?
Check that one of the memory sticks isn't only partially seated, too. Had that happen.
Another error is when the builder adds a standoff that isn't needed and it ends up shorting out the back of the board. Sometimes folks just throw in all the standoffs just because there's holes for them.
When you breadboard it outside the case, be sure to set the board on an insulated surface.
so i managed to make PC run after updating BIOS with only 3 RAM sticks seems there is issue with fourth one atleast on my board

Jan 5, 2020
But the sticks were sold in matched pairs, weren't they? How are you getting a refund on a single stick? I would expact Amazon to only replace them as a pair.
welll thats what they offer 50% refund since only one stick didnt work so i toke it :)
seems Corsair return policy is bit diffcult idk?