[SOLVED] NEED HELP!! PC loses display and crashes after GIGABYTE "Preparing Automatic Repair" message

Feb 6, 2020
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2600
GPU: Radeon rx 570
PSU: Thermaltake 600w
Motherboard: Gigabyte b450m ds3h
RAM: 1 G.Skill 16GB stick 3200 mhz
Also have western digital 1tb HDD and an m.2 ssd 128gb (Windows is on my HDD)

So I built a gaming pc a little over a week ago and everything was operating fine. My games were running well and everything was good. A few nights ago, I gamed rainbow six siege for about 2 hours and then played a game of Apex Legends. My system didn't seem to be overheating so that doesn't seem to be an issue, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyways, I had left it on and used my browser for a bit and then left it (I don't remember if I put it in sleep mode or just let it idle all night). When I went to use it the next day, I pressed the keyboard to activate the screen and no signal was coming up. It was as if nothing was connected to my screen. So I made sure my PC was on and it surely was, so I went to turn it off.

I held the power button for 10+ seconds and nothing happened. My PC was running but it would not shut off, so I used the switch on my PSU as I tried for a few minutes and couldn't get the power button to work. I turned it back on and my screen would get to its normal GIGABYTE screen where I can press DEL for BIOS, F9, etc.... and it would say "Starting Automatic Repair" and have the circle go around 2-3 times before losing display. I notice that when I start up my PC, everything works like my case fans, my cpu fans, and my gpu fans. As soon as my screen goes blank, my case fans stop working and so does my GPU fans, but my CPU fan keeps going.

I have tried using a different power supply and graphics card and nothing changed. I don't have an integrated graphics card so I used an old EVGA GTX 660 ti. I also took out my HDD and downloaded windows onto a flash drive and tried to install it through my SSD, but all I get then is the windows logo and it just sits there, no loading circle or anything. I have gotten it to the point where the circles spin and says "Starting Automatic Repair" but it still crashes like stated before. These different reactions would come from changing my boot priorities in BIOS, but either way, I get nowhere.

Also to mention, when I load up BIOS, everything in my system seems to be working, but as soon as I exit, it goes back to that GIGABYTE screen and my fans stop operating and I lose all display to my screen. When I am in BIOS I can turn off my PC with the power button properly, but as soon as I lose display, I can no longer turn off my PC with the power but and have to use the switch on the PSU.

I am really just looking for any help with identifying what the problem is. This is the first computer I have ever built so I don't have much experience with failing parts. As far as I can tell, the issue lies with either my CPU, RAM, or motherboard, but I don't know if that is an accurate thought or not. I have looked into resetting my CMOS but I have yet to do it and am still unsure of how exactly to do it. Everything was working well and fast for over a week and now I am somehow here If anyone can help, please let me know!!

Solution
The PSU is a smart series thermaltake 600w 80 plus. And yes I did install standoffs before putting the motherboard in the case.
That specific PSU model is unreliable and cheaply made. I wouldn't use in a system with a GPU.

I do however have an atx case and not a micro atx case, which is my motherboard size. I have one empty standoff on my motherboard (motherboard has 8 and only 7 are installed). The reason for this again is that my case standoff spots don’t all align with my motherboard and I went with it because I was being cheap and didn’t want a new case when I had one already.

I probably should not have done this but everything was working fine so I figured it would be all right, but do you think this could be an issue...
If the system works just fine while in the BIOS it could be a disk issue.
Double check all hardware and connections and make sure they are seated properly.
When you setup Windows, did you have both disks installed?
Remove one disk and try booting or installing Windows again.
What's the PSU model?
Did you install standoffs before installing motherboard on the PC case?

Feb 6, 2020
The PSU is a smart series thermaltake 600w 80 plus. And yes I did install standoffs before putting the motherboard in the case.

I do however have an atx case and not a micro atx case, which is my motherboard size. I have one empty standoff on my motherboard (motherboard has 8 and only 7 are installed). The reason for this again is that my case standoff spots don’t all align with my motherboard and I went with it because I was being cheap and didn’t want a new case when I had one already.

I probably should not have done this but everything was working fine so I figured it would be all right, but do you think this could be an issue?

P..S. I took my motherboard off the standoffs and looked at the bottom of my motherboard and there didn’t seem to be anything off about it, but I’m new to PC stuff so I could be looking at the wrong things

That specific PSU model is unreliable and cheaply made. I wouldn't use in a system with a GPU.

I probably should not have done this but everything was working fine so I figured it would be all right, but do you think this could be an issue?

P..S. I took my motherboard off the standoffs and looked at the bottom of my motherboard and there didn’t seem to be anything off about it, but I’m new to PC stuff so I could be looking at the wrong things
Standoffs on the PC case must align with the motherboard holes, otherwise they could make contact with the motherboards electrical traces and damage it.
If you leave standoffs on the back of the motherboard, that do not align with the motherboard holes they will make contact with the back of the motherboard and cause a short circuit.

Solution
Feb 6, 2020
So would you suggest that my motherboard is done and likely best thing to do is get a new PSU, motherboard and probably case? Or does there seem to be some other solution.

Thank you very much for your replies!

Many motherboards have protection against shorts and will stop working to protect itself.
So make sure to check standoffs and only leave the ones that align with your motherboard.
If that does not help, then remove the motherboard from the case and test it outside the case.

Feb 6, 2020
If anyone has a similar issue, I found out that it was my motherboard. I got a new motherboard (same brand and all) and re installed everything. Computer booted up with no issues and was like I never had to get a new motherboard!