Question [NEED HELP] PC stuck on ROG splash screen after having a blackout

mrakiraishimaru

Reputable
May 12, 2020
Hello there, got into big trouble yesterday when my house had a power outage/blackout and I need some help figuring out the problem. Tried turning my PC on again but it refuses to boot now.
Now when I try turning on the PC, a yellow-green light on the motherboard stays on, and I read that this means there's an error with BOOT.

I've tried a bunch of things like trying to boot with 1 RAM stick, clearing the CMOS (removing the battery, using a flathead screwdriver on the 2 pins stated in the user manual), reseating the NVMe SSD, unplugging all USB peripherals and plugging in only the keyboard into different ports. Unfortunately nothing has worked.

It's really late now so I'm going to leave it off until the next day and try turning it on again, but if it doesn't work then I'll have to try and take everything out and build the PC from scratch again.
If you have any suggestions on what I can do or have an idea of what the issue is, please let me know, any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here are my specs just in case:
ROG B450F Gaming Motherboard
Ryzen 5 3600 (Stock) CPU
ZOTAC RTX 2060 Super Mini GPU
16GB (8x2) Corsair LPX Vengeance RAM
SeaSonic 550W Bronze PSU (my old CoolerMaster 650 MWE died and this is one I borrowed from a friend)
512GB NVMe SSD (Windows is installed on this drive)
2TB 2.5 inch SSD

mrakiraishimaru

Reputable
May 12, 2020
Boot usually means "Boot Drive", so check your NVME drive and see if the bios even detects it any more.

Hi there, thank you for the reply. Thankfully I've made some progress now and got a clean install of Windows, and am able to boot into Windows. Problem now is that when I plug in my HDD, it gets stuck on the splash screen again. Any thoughts on this?