[SOLVED] Need help picking out a KVM or other solution to swap between work laptop and my personal PC as easily as possible.

TheRealBooBam

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
As the tittle says, im looking for a KVM switch solution or something else that would allow me to switch between my personal pc and work laptop.

My monitors are 2x HDMI 144hz @ 1920x1080, 1x DVI 1920x1080 60hz and i also need it to have 3x USB ports for mouse, keyboard and headset.

Is there a KVM switch or other solution that would support all of this?

Thanks in advanced!

Solution
Ah i see i must have not been clear then, my work laptop only has 1 hdmi output.

I was thinking that maybe there is a solution or adapter that can use 1 hdmi input to connect 3 monitors?

Do you know if there is a way to directly connect my work laptop to my PC and use the 3 monitors as display?

I just dont want to reconnect 3 cables every time i want to switch.

Dont know if its at all possible.

PS: My work is covering the expenses.
If you connect HDMI to 3 monitors, they will all have the same display. There is no cheap/simple way to split HDMI across 3 monitors and make them 3 independent devices.
Since your laptop has only a single HDMI, then you really need a basic HDMI KVM. You get one display you switch and two...

kanewolf

Titan
As the tittle says, im looking for a KVM switch solution or something else that would allow me to switch between my personal pc and work laptop.

My monitors are 2x HDMI 144hz @ 1920x1080, 1x DVI 1920x1080 60hz and i also need it to have 3x USB ports for mouse, keyboard and headset.

Is there a KVM switch or other solution that would support all of this?

Thanks in advanced!
Toe get a KVM you have to get all your monitors on one type interface. In your case HDMI since there are HDMI to DVI adapters.
I am surprised that your work laptop supports 3 external monitors.
There are devices like you want, but they aren't cheap -- https://www.amazon.com/CKL-Keyboard-Switcher-Computers-CKL-923HUA/dp/B07TD4ZTLB?th=1

TheRealBooBam

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
Toe get a KVM you have to get all your monitors on one type interface. In your case HDMI since there are HDMI to DVI adapters.
I am surprised that your work laptop supports 3 external monitors.
There are devices like you want, but they aren't cheap -- https://www.amazon.com/CKL-Keyboard-Switcher-Computers-CKL-923HUA/dp/B07TD4ZTLB?th=1

Ah i see i must have not been clear then, my work laptop only has 1 hdmi output.

I was thinking that maybe there is a solution or adapter that can use 1 hdmi input to connect 3 monitors?

Do you know if there is a way to directly connect my work laptop to my PC and use the 3 monitors as display?

kanewolf

Titan

If you connect HDMI to 3 monitors, they will all have the same display. There is no cheap/simple way to split HDMI across 3 monitors and make them 3 independent devices.
Since your laptop has only a single HDMI, then you really need a basic HDMI KVM. You get one display you switch and two that are tied to your desktop.

Solution