Need Help Please with graphics cards

Aug 22, 2018
Hi can somebody please help me with two graphics cards

i own a Zotac GTX 970 4gb and also a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 G1 Gaming card.

i cant find any help on which one is the best to use for gaming

i played a few a the GTX 960 seems to get higher FPS

but really unsure would love some help

Thanks

Solution
Doesn't matter what addition, the various little clock speed/memory/etc boosts of "insert marketing edition name here" cards wont come close to hitting the performance of a graphics card the next tier up. The 970 is better then the 960, the 980 is better then the 970 and the 980ti is better then the 980.

Again unless the card is defective, a Chinese scam card (meaning usually a lower end card marked as a higher end one) or you're drivers are not correct or have a conflict there should be no way the 960 is doing better then the 970.

Dont use the scan hardware, Windows does an ok job of getting the very basic drivers you need but when it comes to graphics card drivers, download the latest form Nvidias website or use Nvidia Geforce...
Not sure how the 960 is getting better then the 970 when the 970 is a better card unless you bought a scam Chinese cards off ebay. Be sure to have the 960 drivers fully uninstalled using either the clean installation option of the Nvidia driver installer, or running a program like DDU then install the latest 970 drivers.

Doesn't matter what addition, the various little clock speed/memory/etc boosts of "insert marketing edition name here" cards wont come close to hitting the performance of a graphics card the next tier up. The 970 is better then the 960, the 980 is better then the 970 and the 980ti is better then the 980.

Again unless the card is defective, a Chinese scam card (meaning usually a lower end card marked as a higher end one) or you're drivers are not correct or have a conflict there should be no way the 960 is doing better then the 970.

Dont use the scan hardware, Windows does an ok job of getting the very basic drivers you need but when it comes to graphics card drivers, download the latest form Nvidias website or use Nvidia Geforce Experience tool to update them (personally I dislike Geforce Experience and prefer to do them manually). Windows and other "driver updater" apps suck period.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS