[SOLVED] Need Help Please

apexsutton31

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017
Hello all,

So I use the Nvidia GeForce Experience to update my GPU drivers. I went to update my drivers like normal, clean install and everything. And it just randomly reset my computer and now won't display anything on my screens. I can hear the Windows 11 startup sound and I see my motherboard's manufacturer logo but then nothing comes up.

I've switched DisplayPort Cables to each monitor, since I have two monitors. I've used all DisplayPort ports on the back of the card and nothing changes. I've hard reset and soft reset the PC multiple times.

I should mention that I was having frame drops and stuttering issues when play Counter-Strike a while back. As well as I saw artifacting when I was just sitting on some Google Chrome pages one day. The artifacting was fixed by using my Dell DP on my Samsung monitor and vise versa for the Dell monitor.

So I'm not sure if my card is just dead or the new driver messed something up? Is there any way to revert GPU drivers when I can't even get to my home screen?

System specs: i5-12600k (no OC)
RTX 3080 Founder's
MSI Pro Z690-A MOBO
WD 256GB M.2 boot drive
Adata Swordfish 2TB M.2 bulk drive
Corsair HX850 PSU

Solution
So I use the Nvidia GeForce Experience to update my GPU drivers.
You're advised to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually install said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As for your issue, disconnect from the wall and displays, remove the CMOS battery and replace after 30 mins. As for your other option, you can connect off of the iGPU to see if you're able to remove the drivers using DDU while on the iGPU.

How old is the PSU in your build?

Lutfij

Titan
You're advised to use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually install said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As for your issue, disconnect from the wall and displays, remove the CMOS battery and replace after 30 mins. As for your other option, you can connect off of the iGPU to see if you're able to remove the drivers using DDU while on the iGPU.

Solution

apexsutton31

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017
You're right. I honestly forget about DDU all the time. I figured the option to have the GeForce Experience app do the clean install itself was good enough. But apparently not.

Well, what's weird, is I left the PC on after I heard the startup sound. Pressed Enter, then input my PIN. And now my rgb lights are showing that I'm at the desktop, I just can't see anything and my main Samsung monitor keeps flashing that it's connected to DP1 and then goes black. Back and forth. I'm going to switch cables back and forth again and check. And if nothing works, I'll disconnect the Samsung entirely and just run the Dell and see if that changes anything. And let you know.

If I'm honest, it's not a new PSU. I like early or mid 2014 was when I bought this PSU. It was in my last build that I ran an i7-7800x delided and OC'd to 4.9GHz at fairly high voltage. Don't remember exact number. So it's quite used now. Used to run a 1080ti on this PSU and now the 3080

apexsutton31

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017

Honestly don't know why tf it would freak out like it did and do all that, since it's never done that before and I've been using the GeForce Experience clean install way since I built the PC I had in 2014 and this new one I have now. But whatever. It worked perfect and is now working all like it should.

I also found a YouTube video that I watched while doing the uninstall and install to do it the proper way. Where you disable the network adapter and then do everything before enabling it and checking the download.

Thank you very much for the help! Guess I'm really only still knowledgeable for the high level of PC building. Not as well versed in the troubleshooting aspects as I thought.