Specs:
CPU: i7 5820K
GPU: MSI GTX 980Ti Seahawk
Motherboard: Asus X99 Series
Memory: G.Skill Tridentz 32 Gb
Storage: Samsung 512Gb SSD, 2TB Hard drive
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
CPU Cooler: Corsair H1000x Liquid CPU Cooler

It's a 6 year old computer so I'm having trouble figuring out what a reasonable price would be cause I'm looking to sell it, but it works perfectly.

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
I would probably list that for around 625 to 700 dollar and see what happens for 2 weeks and adjust the price abit if it really won't sell. I don't know what case you have but some RGB / good looking case does help the sell. Take some time to clean it properly.

Make sure the cable management is clean and try make some quality pictures so your watercooled GPU/CPU stands out.

You have very high end components on a fairly old platform, the thing about this is that you’re never going to see the value you put into it back just because of that and may have to take less than you initially hoped for, as it becomes increasingly hard to sell older gen stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: alec123456789012
I would probably list that for around 625 to 700 dollar and see what happens for 2 weeks and adjust the price abit if it really won't sell. I don't know what case you have but some RGB / good looking case does help the sell. Take some time to clean it properly.

Make sure the cable management is clean and try make some quality pictures so your watercooled GPU/CPU stands out.

You have very high end components on a fairly old platform, the thing about this is that you’re never going to see the value you put into it back just because of that and may have to take less than you initially hoped for, as it becomes increasingly hard to sell older gen stuff.
Specs:
CPU: i7 5820K
GPU: MSI GTX 980Ti Seahawk
Motherboard: Asus X99 Series
Memory: G.Skill Tridentz 32 Gb
Storage: Samsung 512Gb SSD, 2TB Hard drive
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
CPU Cooler: Corsair H1000x Liquid CPU Cooler

It's a 6 year old computer so I'm having trouble figuring out what a reasonable price would be cause I'm looking to sell it, but it works perfectly.
Nope somewhere around $300-350 at best. See components quality is good but the performance have fallen off. Considering we get much higher performance even with Lower Mid Tier Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX3060 build for around $800. That thing is down in value. Like in performance alone it is hardly 60% of the performance being valued. And that being 6Yrs old. Even more.

The right thing to do is to sell off components individually and holding to components like that Power Supply. That will get you much much better profits.

That CPU as Individual component may fetch you much higher price as people are looking for that CPU in second hand market as the actual run has ended long ago. Same goes for Motherboard. Someone may be looking for used X99 board as their board died and would pay decent price. Expect good 70% price for each.

The GPU too. But not much as the newer GPUs work with old Hardware so not much there to profit.

That RAM is still good to go with Newer Gen Hardware. Unless speed lower than 2666. No need to sell it.

CPU Cooler I say trash it. It served its purpose well and deserves to retire in a dignified way instead of causing potential trouble down the line.

That Power Supply is Good for another 4Yrs. So use it in another build. Or sell it off but for 50% price. Nothing more.

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
Nope somewhere around $300-350 at best. See components quality is good but the performance have fallen off. Considering we get much higher performance even with Lower Mid Tier Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX3060 build for around $800. That thing is down in value. Like in performance alone it is hardly 60% of the performance being valued. And that being 6Yrs old. Even more.

The right thing to do is to sell off components individually and holding to components like that Power Supply. That will get you much much better profits.

That CPU as Individual component may fetch you much higher price as people are looking for that CPU in second hand market as the actual run has ended long ago. Same goes for Motherboard. Someone may be looking for used X99 board as their board died and would pay decent price. Expect good 70% price for each.

The GPU too. But not much as the newer GPUs work with old Hardware so not much there to profit.

That RAM is still good to go with Newer Gen Hardware. Unless speed lower than 2666. No need to sell it.

CPU Cooler I say trash it. It served its purpose well and deserves to retire in a dignified way instead of causing potential trouble down the line.

That Power Supply is Good for another 4Yrs. So use it in another build. Or sell it off but for 50% price. Nothing more.

300$ ? Maybe in your country, not here in the netherlands. Probably should've asked where OP lives.

The 980 TI alone still sells for 200+ here, and systems with worse specs go for 650. I guess its dependant on where you live. 300 is a real lowball.
Having said that you are probably right in the individual component thing. If OP knows how to take things apart. Tho it can take forever to sell certain things.

I only see reuse for that PSU and if it's DDR4 then the ram.

Last edited: