[SOLVED] Need help resetting forgotten admin password on Windows 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris092881

Reputable
Nov 20, 2016
I'm helping someone clean up their PC. I'm really just moving a bunch of files to a flash drive that are taking up space, but he wants to keep, and then trying to factory reset the laptop and start over fresh on Windows 8.1. Problem is, he forgot his admin password. It won't let me delete things without it. Is there a way for me to just wipe the computer without burning a recovery disk to a CD or putting something on a flash drive and doing it that way? I just want the thing wiped so I can set it up as new and then create a new admin password that he will remember in the future. Thanks!

Solution
You need to do a fresh install of windows off a USB flash drive, thats the only way to doing this.

We cannot help you bypass a password and this thread will be summarily closed as these types of questions are a magnet for bad info. The answers above are the only answer.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
You need to do a fresh install of windows off a USB flash drive, thats the only way to doing this.

We cannot help you bypass a password and this thread will be summarily closed as these types of questions are a magnet for bad info. The answers above are the only answer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.