Question Need help selecting a case for a gaming desktop

divadoll

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
I need some choices for a gaming desktop case. I have 2 optical drives and a multicard reader I want to use from my old computer so I will need 3 - 5 1/2" bays in front. My speakers need to plug into the computer too. I would also like plenty of USB ports, etc. The case needs to hold an I7 – 8700K CPU and an EVGA 1660ti XC Ultra card – I like the two fan idea for better cooling as well as a Soundblaster card. I need either a 650 or 750W power supply, SSD drive, HD, wireless, motherboard and cooling, etc. The motherboard will be I think an Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard .

Please feel free to make suggestions so I can look at them. I am finding it hard to find the 3 bays and 2 slots for cards.

Thanks in advance.

Dave8671

Distinguished
Cases- link here is on newegg these have 3 5.525 bays. Read the case's specs for info on GPU size.
PC cases

If you buy any ATX case any ATX motherboard will for that case. Speakers connect to the sound ports on a case which connects to the motherboard sound header. USB ports are based on the motherboard headers to power them. The one you linked above has 4 USB back ports of different types. Most mobos have at least one front panel header for USB ports. Which can power two front panel ports.

Link to the Rog motherboard page

Seems that you are new to building a pc check out this.

https://pcpartpicker.com

Reactions: divadoll

divadoll

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
I'm confused, you want a case, according to your title.. then you want an entire computer apart from the cpu and gpu...
Just google your case specifics, loads of them
Corsair Obsidian 700D for instance
I posted under Systems and am trying to figure out the parts. My questions weren't answered so I am here trying at least to resolve the case. The one suggested only has 2 bays. I have 2 optical drives plus a multi card reader from my old computer. I googled cases with 3 bays and didn't get what I needed.

Apologies if I posted wrong. You all are computer smart and I really needed some help.

divadoll

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
Cases- link here is on newegg these have 3 5.525 bays. Read the case's specs for info on GPU size.
PC cases

If you buy any ATX case any ATX motherboard will for that case. Speakers connect to the sound ports on a case which connects to the motherboard sound header. USB ports are based on the motherboard headers to power them. The one you linked above has 4 USB back ports of different types. Most mobos have at least one front panel header for USB ports. Which can power two front panel ports.

Link to the Rog motherboard page

Seems that you are new to building a pc check out this.

https://pcpartpicker.com

Thanks for your post pointing me to a place I can find stuff. That is very helpful. This whole process of figuring out parts for a new gaming desktop is hard. I have questions but I guess I am not asking the right ones. Is there any brand better than another? I would also like more usb ports in the front as well for my wireless stuff. My old computer is a dead Alienware Aurora R3. I want to avoid paying alot for garbage. The case has to be able to fit everything and a video card and sound card.

I'll check out your links. Hope I am welcome back to get some more help. My original post in systems has left me more confused.

Dave8671

Distinguished
I purchased this case and all though its a nice size its got a tight fit for my old micro atx mobo next to the 5.25 bays. The hard drives mounts virtual and the space for the connections is tight for one due to the front case fan. I had to reverse one drive to even connect the cables.

Case link