Need help setting up driver

NickHilbe

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Please help! I just built a new computer with a EVGA GTX 1060 3gb and I am trying to download the drivers for it. The GPU does not show up in my device manager, yet I am running the hdmi cable to my monitor from my GPU... When the driver goes into system check it says "This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows." I have windows 10 64 bit which is the driver i checked to.

Solution

The problem was that I did not have the latest version of windows 10 so the drivers were not able to be downloaded
oops. Sorry! Thank you for the information though!
Hi,

The very first thing on any new build is install the Chipset drivers!
Then the rest of the drivers

When You are install a Windows system, it will automatically sense a driver for for your hardware from Windows Update database WHQL Drivers

Then Re-boot.and make sure that You ha downloaded all of the Microsoft Windows upgrades.
Restart and run Windows update again.
Continue until there are no more Windows updates.

Then, You will to put in the Motherboard installation disk and install its essential s/w and drivers.

Restart the the computer and run Windows update again.

Best regards from Sweden

NickHilbe

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

How can i start that process. Sorry I am new to this diy building!

NickHilbe

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

I did download that to try another way to download a driver, it didnt work. I.D.K. if it detects the card. My main concern is that the device manager does not have the card listed

NickHilbe

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

The problem was that I did not have the latest version of windows 10 so the drivers were not able to be downloaded
oops. Sorry! Thank you for the information though!

Solution

Hehe. very good! I like when a solution come around.
Best regards from Sweden
/btw. I put your answer as the best Answer.