Jun 2, 2023
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H510M-K
Bios version: 2001, 02/01/2023
CPU: i3-10100
iGPU: Intel UHD 630
dGPU: Radeon RX 570 4gb, Driver: 31.0.14057.2005, 5/12/2023
PSU: Antec BP450P

I'll make it brief.

I firstly powered up the PC and connected the monitor's hdmi cable to the motherboard. The PC was using Intel UHD 630.

Then I switched off computer, changed hdmi cable to use the RX 570's port. The PC booted up, dGPU fan was spinning but no display signal came out from the card.

I reconnected the hdmi cable back to motherboard and then display showed up. The iGPU was being used but the dGPU wasn't recognized by Windows at all, even after a few hardware scans in Device Manager, it showed only the UHD 630.

Well I found a "messy" solution for the dGPU display to work. I removed the dGPU, then put it back to the PCIe x16 slot with hdmi cable attached. After that I booted up the PC and the dGPU display worked. The UHD 630 somehow disappeared from Device Manager but I wasn't going to use it anyway.

So everytime I need to use the iGPU, I just have to switch the hdmi port. But if I chose the dGPU instead, then I would have to remove and reinstall the card, which is quite a painful process. I wonder why I can't just plug-and-play the dGPU like I did with the iGPU.

Please help me figure out a more efficiency way to manage these GPUs.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I guess the first question is under what circumstances would you need to use the integrated graphics. The easiest way to solve a problem is for it not to be a problem in the first place; I can't imagine anything the integrated graphics does at which the RX 570 wouldn't be far more competent.

Last edited:
I have a rather important question for you...

Where did you get that RX 570?

It sounds A LOT like an RX 580 2048SP (it only cost me $70CAD) that I bought from AliExpress because it's behaving the same way. I got a full refund on the card because it was worn-out. Your card probably is in the same condition that mine was.

Jun 2, 2023
I guess the first question is under what circumstances would you need to use the integrated graphics. The easiest way to solve a problem is for it not to be a problem in the first place; I can't imagine anything the integrated graphics does at which the RX 570 wouldn't be far more competent.
Well, I accidentally plugged the hdmi cable into the motherboard (which should be the dGPU instead) and things got <Mod Edit> messed up since then. I thought it was normal to switch display adapter just by changing ports, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 2, 2023
I have a rather important question for you...

Where did you get that RX 570?

It sounds A LOT like an RX 580 2048SP (it only cost me $70CAD) that I bought from AliExpress because it's behaving the same way. I got a full refund on the card because it was worn-out. Your card probably is in the same condition that mine was.
I got it brand new at my local store with 3 years warranty back in 2020, pretty sure it was legit.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Well, I accidentally plugged the hdmi cable into the motherboard (which should be the dGPU instead) and things got <Mod Edit> messed up since then. I thought it was normal to switch display adapter just by changing ports, no?

No, I'm asking why this is a need. If you have an RX 570 and it's working now, there's never any need to use the integrated graphics.

Reactions: Avro Arrow