Need help to factory reset Microsoft Surface

Arsen X

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
I recently got a surface 8.1 pro that used to belong to a company. (they were going to throw it away) However, there are a ton of programs that the company installed that are restricting much of what can be done (even basic internet browsing is restricted). I was going to factory reset it, but for some reason the factory reset isn't even showing up as an option. Im assuming its something installed to prevent any of the employees that used this from resetting it. Is there anyway I can get the option back or do a factory reset through a different method?

Thanks in Advance

Solution
from Microsoft.com
  • Step 1: Plug in your Surface so you don’t run out of power during the refresh.
    Step 2: From the Windows sign-in screen, select Power Power icon in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen.
    Step 3: Press and hold the Shift key.
    (If you're using the touch keyboard, select the Shift key.)
    Step 4: While the Shift key is still pressed or selected, select Restart.
    If you get the prompt Restart anyway, select Restart anyway.
    After your Surface restarts, the Choose an option screen will appear.
    Step 5: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo appears while Windows prepares to reset your Surface.
    Step 6: On the Reset your PC screen, select Next.
    Step 7: Choose either Just remove...

popatim

Titan
from Microsoft.com
  • Step 1: Plug in your Surface so you don’t run out of power during the refresh.
    Step 2: From the Windows sign-in screen, select Power Power icon in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen.
    Step 3: Press and hold the Shift key.
    (If you're using the touch keyboard, select the Shift key.)
    Step 4: While the Shift key is still pressed or selected, select Restart.
    If you get the prompt Restart anyway, select Restart anyway.
    After your Surface restarts, the Choose an option screen will appear.
    Step 5: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo appears while Windows prepares to reset your Surface.
    Step 6: On the Reset your PC screen, select Next.
    Step 7: Choose either Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive. The option to clean the drive is more secure but takes much longer.
    For example, if you are recycling your Surface, you should clean the drive. If you are keeping your Surface, you just need to remove your files.
    Step 8: Select Reset. Surface restarts and the Surface logo appears during the reset process (this can take several minutes).

Solution