Question Need help troubleshooting graphic card 2080ti

sandyobanz

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
Hello,

Good day!

I turned on the pc today and saw lines uneven horizontal lines all over the screen, I tried removing and re-inserting in the PCIe slot, tried to update the graphic card driver but it installs and again says there is an update. In Device Manager->Display Adapters, it says 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)' I tried re-installing the complete Nvidia Geforce Experience but nothing works. I did not install any windows updates or third party.

I suspect it is a graphic card issue and I still have the warranty period covered by Asus.
My PC Specs are below:

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Intel I9 9900K
NZXT kraken X62
970 EVO 1 TB SSD
Seagate 1 TB
Asus RTX 2080 TI
Corsair 32GB 32000 MHZ
Corsair H700 Case
BENQ XL240T 240hz

I have attached the images for reference.
ibb.co is used to upload my images and they are not any scam links.

https://ibb.co/7CsSfWr
https://ibb.co/6wwcGQ3

Many thanks for reading!

Kind Regards,
Sandyobanz

run DDU in Windows Safe Mode and choose to remove all graphics related data.
then install the latest driver package directly from Nvidia without GeForce Experience.

if it is a driver related issue this would fix it.
if it doesn't, you probably have a bad card.

sandyobanz

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
Hey,

I just ran DDU in safe mode and downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia, it has completed the installation and still shows do to installation.
Weird, I bought this in 2019, never had a problem. I will contact a nearby Asus store for repair or replacement.

Many thanks for the help!

sandyobanz

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
what is it exactly that says there is an update?
without GeForce Experience installed & running there should be no auto-messaging involving graphics.

what do you mean, "do to installation"?
that phrase doesn't make sense.
I meant, when I freshly install the GeForce experience, there is an update. Once I complete the installation of the update, again there is an update and it goes on and on. Like below image.

https://ibb.co/XVc45Sv

when I freshly install the GeForce experience, there is an update
don't use GeForce Experience or turn off their auto-update options if possible.
just because the software isn't detecting your stats correctly does not mean there is a problem with your card, just that GeForce Experience sucks.

as i originally stated and you seem to have ignored,
install the latest driver package directly from Nvidia without GeForce Experience.

Reactions: drivinfast247

sandyobanz

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
just because the software isn't detecting your stats correctly does not mean there is a problem with your card, just that GeForce Experience sucks.

Apologies, I will do it again and update.

sandyobanz

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013

Hello,

I couldn't reply anymore because I was busy with my studies and job. I tried it and it did not work, so I shipped it to ASUS since it was in my warranty. After 9 days they gave me back the graphic card and it's working without any problem. they have mentioned in the repair report that - Gold finger Damaged(Based material exposed) and replacement parts were MEMORY-IC.

Many Thanks for the replies. good day to all!

Kind Regards,
SS

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

ASK THE COMMUNITY