Need help upgrading graphics card

Arwalsh2015

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
I am looking to upgrade my current set up from a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. I am admittedly a novice which is why I'm asking you guys! The specs I'm running rn is as follows. AMD FX-8320 3.5 GHz processor, 16gb of ddr3 ram, 350w power supply, AMD 760G + SB710 chipset. Thank you for any help!

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
What games do you play? The 1050 ti is about as powerful a GPU I would go considering your CPU. Something more powerful say a 2060 or something will be held back by that CPU, quite a lot depending on the game. If I were you I would save up until you can afford a switch to a ryzen or moden intel platform and a new GPU. Also you would need a new power supply for pretty much anything more power hungry than a 1050 ti, you are likely pushing that PSU to it's limits with your current hardware.

Arwalsh2015

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
Thanks for the responses! To be honest I figured the whole set up was lacking in most areas. I bought it as a complete a few years ago and have been thinking about upgrading it all together and you've confirmed that idea as the way to go! It has done me well this far but I believe its time to move on! Thank you yet again!!