[SOLVED] Need help upgrading Lenovo Erazer X315

Feb 7, 2019
I currently use my Lenovo Erazer X315 "gaming" desktop to play Civilization VI. I have to play at low/medium settings and it runs pretty slow after awhile so I want to be able to run on high settings smoothly. I want to upgrade my GPU to EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan) 3GB GDDR5 and my CPU to Intel i3-8100 Desktop Processor 4 Cores (3.7 GHz).

I need advice as to if this is a decent upgrade and if it is even an upgrade I can do given what I have in my computer right now. If not I would appreciate suggestions. I'm trying to do this without burning too big of a hole in my wallet. Right now the CPU and GPU listed above would cost about $300 which is around the range I want to keep it at if possible.

CPU: AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.70 GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M360 2GB
PSU: 450 W 80+ stock power supply
Storage: 1TB

Thanks in advance!

Solution
You will need to upgrade your motherboard and ram as well so you need to save up a bit more unfortunately.

Your motherboard is an FM2 socket motherboard. Intel is using socket 1151 currently and AMD is on AM4 for its Ryzen line of CPU's.
Both Intel and AMD use DDR4 ram and you have DDR3

popatim

Titan
You will need to upgrade your motherboard and ram as well so you need to save up a bit more unfortunately.

Your motherboard is an FM2 socket motherboard. Intel is using socket 1151 currently and AMD is on AM4 for its Ryzen line of CPU's.
Both Intel and AMD use DDR4 ram and you have DDR3

Solution