[SOLVED] Need help upgrading my current rig in a smart and efficient way without spending to much

aldewzy45

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
Ok so i have a PC i built in late 2015 for its time it was a pretty powerful rig to me here are the specs currently I have 4 huge fans in the PC case as well my main question is i want to be able to run the Cyberpunk 2077 game at above 60 FPS at 1080p OR if possible what parts would i need to change out to run it at above 60 fps at 4K resolution either way i am good but wanted to get any tips so i am not wasting money or going over kill and to get some insight into what would be compatible with my current setup thank you in advance any help would be appreciated

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (Its a big case)
CPU: Intel Core I7 6700k (it was brand new at the time)
CPU Liquid Cooler:Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060021-WW
GPU: MSI 980 TI 6GB Vram
Memory: 1 SSD 500 GB and
Internal HDD 7 Terabytes
RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz (PC4-17000) C13 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A2133C13)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Type A Type C Intel Z170 ATX Motherboard
PSU: Corsair 1200 Watt
2 bluray disc drives

Solution
lets say under 800 dollars mainly cuz i have alot of stuff already that i need like the case and power supply and hard drives but i could do say 1500 if need be
You really just need a video card to do faster FPS at 4k, as above, you may want to wait a bit till the new cards are out. Also keep in mind your 980Ti will sell for a decent enough amount if you don't want to keep it around as a spare so include that in your budget. You really don't need to swap the CPU or RAM.

aldewzy45

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
Wait till this fall when AMD and Nvidia launch their new GPUs. Unless the postponed Cyberpunk release date has changed, that should be around the same time frame.

What country are you shopping in?
What's your upgrade budget?
lets say under 800 dollars mainly cuz i have alot of stuff already that i need like the case and power supply and hard drives but i could do say 1500 if need be

You really just need a video card to do faster FPS at 4k, as above, you may want to wait a bit till the new cards are out. Also keep in mind your 980Ti will sell for a decent enough amount if you don't want to keep it around as a spare so include that in your budget. You really don't need to swap the CPU or RAM.

Solution