Need Help upgrading my PC, Any thoughts?

Dare5

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
So.. I want to start upgrading my pc slowly over time and I was wondering where I should start.
Current build:
CPU: AMD FX 4130
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650Ti 2GB, Nvidia gt 610 1GB(dedicated to PhyX)
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970-ADS3P (rev 1.0)
Ram: 16GB ddr3 @669 MHz, 2009 MHz

I'm pretty much looking to start streaming, and heavy gaming with a few friends currently I believe my cpu isn't the greatest for that as I get really high cpu usage when playing games. Currently I am able to high/medium on most games and get around 40-60 fps at the cost of anywhere from 60-80 cpu usage and sometimes 90ish cpu usage from a single game. Not sure if my cpu is just bottlenecking my gpu or what.. but any help is greatly appreciated. Now I do some 3-D editing but I mainly do it on my mac, sometimes I do use my pc just because it in front of me most of the time.

Solution
Your CPU is indeed ancient.

If you want help, we need more information such as budget, overclocking, AMD/Intel, AMD/nVidia...etc.

Dare5

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015

Eh.. Accidently clicked that but yeah I'm pretty much looking to upgrade my cpu first. I should have stated that, Uhm well I would say my budget for a cpu would be around $200 for a amd AM3+ cpu

Dare5

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015

Alright, any recommendations on what site I should buy it from? I was thinking of waiting till a black Friday sale or Cyber Monday since they are pretty close. and by then I should have enough to upgrade my gpu as well lol...

utgotye

Admirable
You can do it now or wait. Who knows what kind of deals there will be. You can be pretty sure they aren't going to go UP in price. Hell, you might even score one for $100. That would be like stealing it. I'd buy one at that price and I have CPUs laying around already.