Question Need help upgrading some of my components

eitvydasz1

Commendable
Mar 20, 2018
I'm planning to upgrade my old CPU (i5-4430) , and need your opinions on how to spend my cash better. I've made a few builds using pcpartpicker ,so please take a look at that.

Build with Ryzen https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7NxGQZ
Build with Intel https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dmRJKB

Please bear in mind that I'm only buying a new CPU/Motherboard/RAM also maybe a new PSU which have been listed in those builds.
About PSU.. I currently have some no name PSU (Logic 600) that has 580W, so would I need a new one or the current would be okay? I think wattage is more than enough it's just the brand that I do not trust. However I have a very tight budget 350-400 and I wouldn't be able to afford a decent PSU, Id then rather get 2600X instead of a new PSU.

Also I took a photo of my PSU because I can't find it anywhere on the internet
Logic600 (580W) PSU

I can't decide whether I should go Ryzen or Intel.

Last edited:

eitvydasz1

Commendable
Mar 20, 2018
I think the first thing you should do is toss that PSU in the trash before your house burns down. Its awful.

The PSU you picked isn't good either. If you're budget limited the Corsair CX550M is a good choice and more than enough wattage.
Lets say I can switch that psu with Corsair CX550M, but overall which build would you recommend? I'm kinda more into Intel.
By the way, why is that EVGA PSU bad?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Lets say I can switch that psu with Corsair CX550M, but overall which build would you recommend? I'm kinda more into Intel.
By the way, why is that EVGA PSU bad?

TBH you can't go wrong with either one, they will perform similarly. Whichever one you can get cheaper will be a good choice.

EVGA has some good and some not good PSUs. Their higher end stuff is made by Seasonic and Superflower which are both really great quality brands. Their low end stuff is made by the lowest bidder mostly CWT which is capable of making a good product, but not at the spec/price given by EVGA. It uses an older design and low end parts.

Reactions: eitvydasz1

eitvydasz1

Commendable
Mar 20, 2018
TBH you can't go wrong with either one, they will perform similarly. Whichever one you can get cheaper will be a good choice.

EVGA has some good and some not good PSUs. Their higher end stuff is made by Seasonic and Superflower which are both really great quality brands. Their low end stuff is made by the lowest bidder mostly CWT which is capable of making a good product, but not at the spec/price given by EVGA. It uses an older design and low end parts.
Thanks for letting me know. I think I'll stick to Intel because it has better single thread performance. It just sucks that every item in my country is overpriced. Like I could get everything for about 350 Euros on amazon but I can't because there's a shipping cost to my country, so I'll have to pay 400+..