Question Need help with a computer that is now locking up randomly.

Jul 28, 2022
My pc has been randomly locking up as in everything on screen freezes and wont unfreeze until I hold down the power button on my case. This issue happened a few times half a month ago and after multiple tries to fix it, the issue stopped until yesterday. It froze up after I tabbed out from a twitch vod and was looking at YouTube and made a high pitched screech similar to a 10 year old with a poor mic on xbox 360 and froze up. Unfortunately didn't have time to diagnose because had to leave for a meeting. Came home seemed fine, put on a playlist from YouTube and left it on as i slept. Woke up and it was still going fine and working fine till 4 hours later when i came back from tue restroom it was locked up. I reset looked up events and only errors i saw were ims services couldn't contact drivers for my external drive and a software license had expired. Kept trying to troubleshoot however it keeps locking up, with one time it restarted on its own, but twice it froze at the login to windows, and after doing a full system restore and running a userbenchmark test it showed my cpu, m.2, hdd's, ram, and gpu are running at minimum below expectations with my cpu doing way below. After that went to find another antivirus besides windows preinstalled and midway through it locked up again. I'm completely lost as to why it is happening. For clarity I did have an emergency repair done by a local shop to fix a broken pin and bend some pins back into place after a failed install of a cpu cooler last month. As for the specs of the pc:
-i3 9100
-hyperx ddr4 2666mhz 2x8gb ram
-gigabyte 365m ds3h motherboard
-wd blue sn550 500gb m.2 ssd primary boot drive
-seagate 2tb hdd
-seagate 160gb hdd (old boot drive)
-wd my passport 1tb hdd xbox 1 old external i reformatted back for pc use)
-asus turbo gtx 1070 gpu
-hyperx usb sound card
-thermaltake smart 80plus white 500w pcu (yes i know it's terrible but was planning on upgrading but didn't get a chance since last time I posted.)
Besides replacing everything except the hdds, m.2, and gpu I'm not sure what to do about this. Any help would be appreciated.

DSzymborski

Titan
Back in July, people suggested you replace the junk PSU running inappropriate hardware. And once you found out that the short-term problem, the bent/broken pins, was the immediate cause of your visible problems, you decided that you could then ignore the very serious long-term problem.

So the next step is the same as before: replace the junk PSU. Hopefully the two additional months of using it have not damaged any of the components to the point that they're failing. This was far more urgent than you have been treating it.

Jul 28, 2022
Back in July, people suggested you replace the junk PSU running inappropriate hardware. And once you found out that the short-term problem, the bent/broken pins, was the immediate cause of your visible problems, you decided that you could then ignore the very serious long-term problem.

So the next step is the same as before: replace the junk PSU. Hopefully the two additional months of using it have not damaged any of the components to the point that they're failing. This was far more urgent than you have been treating it.
Whilst that is the plan it has only been while I was using just chrome and that's it. Anytime I had chrome and any game open it ran fine. That's why I thought it was a non issue as if it wasn't the fault and there hasn't been problems then it should be fine.

Jul 28, 2022
does the problem persist with any other psu? Just some food for thought, do you happen to have any viruses??
Unknown as I don't have the money or library of old parts lying around to test with. As for viruses I've done a quick scan and deep scan last time this came up with windows antivirus and it was negative on viruses. Also I should add pretty sure the last time this happened because of a bad logitech update for my mouse.

Jul 28, 2022
So update. I went and bought a 550w bronze from the cx line of corsair psus and am currently testing it. So far I've only seen more stable frames in one of my games. Will update if the problem persists but right now it seems stable.

Jul 28, 2022

I think i have the issue narrowed down. The psu has been replaced yet the issues reappeared 7 days later. Today, tried testing ram sticks one at a time then both at once. Both ram sticks on their own run perfectly fine, but together my pc starts deadlocking, sometimes auto restarts upon deadlock, sometimes just stays deadlocked, and once it didn't post upon restart. Currently its working fine with one stick. My guess is it's something to do with the xmp function.

Jul 28, 2022
Ok think i have fixed the issue finally. It seems to be that one of my pins that was previously damaged might've been a ram related one for the dual channel mode. I swapped the ram to the other channel and now it not only runs off both but also it loads instantly again. It was previously taking 30 seconds to log in now i can snap my fingers and it's logged in. Think it's fine for the short term but replacing my cpu/ mobo is my next step to not have this happen again.