Need help with a old Thrustmaster on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatbob73

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
I have a Thrustmaster Force Feedback wheel, but I can't get it to work on my Windows 7 64-bit PC.

I've tried the driver version 2.7.30 from the Thrustmaster support website, and with that driver, when I plug in my wheel I get a blue screen. I reboot my PC, plug my wheel back in and I get the blue screen again.

I also tried the driver Guillemot_RaceLeaderFFBWheel_XP_Vista_Seven(SP1)_v2.8.1 from the following site...

http://www.mediafire.com/?pcapt72i294a1hw

That drive didn't work much better. I don't get the blue screen, but Windows still won`t recognize it. When I look in the device manger, I see the heel listed, but the device status says...

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

I then click on update driver, I browse to the folder (the 64 bit folder) where I extracted the 2.8.1 driver, and I get the following message...

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Thrustmasters Force Feedback (USB)

The system cannot find the file specified.

Anyone ideas as to what I should be doing to make sure the drivers I have are installed properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fatbob73

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
I found a way to get this rather old wheel to work on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.

Download this driver.

Extract the file. Then copy the files in Guillemot_RaceLeaderFFBWheel_XP_Vista_Seven(SP1)_v2.8.1\64\Inf to parent folder (Guillemot_RaceLeaderFFBWheel_XP_Vista_Seven(SP1)_v2.8.1\64). Finally run install.

That worked for me. Hope it helps anyone with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.