Question Need help with a strange issue

Oct 12, 2024
My RX580 has a similar issue to many people out there online (Randomly get black screen). Mine however has a strange twist, after the black screen it shows as disconnected. I try everything i can find to resolve it. I reinstall everything, even windows to no avail but If I leave it till the next day it will be completely fine again. Its only when the pc is idling. I sometimes get an error that the display adapter has recovered but not always. What is driving me mad is how it works again but only after 12 hours. Is there something reset when the pc is off for a period of time? Its not heat as ive cooled everything down on a few occasions and still the gpu wont be detected. Any ideas?

Darkscythe

Prominent
Feb 26, 2023
To be honest, I can't really say, but the "becomes fine over time" thing reminds me a lot of a faulty capacitor...
Perhaps you have a faulty GPU? Or maybe it is just the monitor's capacitors which fail to charge up properly? Maybe try using a different monitor, that would definitely help focus on what is really causing the issue.

Oct 12, 2024
To be honest, I can't really say, but the "becomes fine over time" thing reminds me a lot of a faulty capacitor...
Perhaps you have a faulty GPU? Or maybe it is just the monitor's capacitors which fail to charge up properly? Maybe try using a different monitor, that would definitely help focus on what is really causing the issue.
It doesn't have a regular failure pattern. Sometimes it can fail in 10 minutes, sometimes 10 hours. I suspected the monitor but the GPU shows as disconnected in device manager after it crashes. The fans are still spinning as well even though the pc thinks its disconnected.....