[SOLVED] Need help with Activating Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
Hey, so basically I have an issue. I downloaded Windows from a site called Zamunda (legit site by the way) and put it up on USB and installed it on my new PC. Now I have this Activate Windows watermark and It triggers me so much.
My question is: Is there anyway to get rid of it without paying? I've tried the regedit ways and so on, but nothing seemed to work. Any suggestions?

Solution
As above, you need a legitimate key to activate Windows. If you have a legit key there is no need to download Windows from any other site apart from directly from Microsoft. Why would they go to the effort of hosting a copy of Windows you can download directly from Microsoft, a trustworthy source would just direct you to Microsoft. I would not trust that version of Windows is clean from spyware or other nasties.
As above, you need a legitimate key to activate Windows. If you have a legit key there is no need to download Windows from any other site apart from directly from Microsoft. Why would they go to the effort of hosting a copy of Windows you can download directly from Microsoft, a trustworthy source would just direct you to Microsoft. I would not trust that version of Windows is clean from spyware or other nasties.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Hey, so basically I have an issue. I downloaded Windows from a site called Zamunda (legit site by the way) and put it up on USB and installed it on my new PC. Now I have this Activate Windows watermark and It triggers me so much.
My question is: Is there anyway to get rid of it without paying? I've tried the regedit ways and so on, but nothing seemed to work. Any suggestions?
Zamunda, you say?
'legit'?

It is either:
1. A torrent site.
or
2. A fictional country, depicted in an Eddie Murphy movie.
HJPTGVT.png

In either case, it is NOT a legit place to obtain a Windows install. Period.

So, the ONLY assistance you'll get here is:
  1. A full wipe and reinstall of Windows, from the only valid source, Microsoft. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  2. Purchasing a valid Windows 10 license to Activate it. Generally around $100 USD.

Closing this, to prevent people from getting themselves in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.