[SOLVED] Need help with audio setup for Mac Mini

leedis

Reputable
Sep 6, 2017
Like many, I'm currently working from home and have a 2014 Mac Mini set up behind my work desk (the Mac is my home computer). I would like to start listening to music while working, but do not want to use headphones. The Mac is currently hooked up to a monitor with crappy speakers. Without spending a ton of money (say $500 budget) I'd like to get some decent sound of the system. I plan to stream music. One option seems to be to buy a set of "computer" speakers (with built in amp), like the Audioengine A2+. If I go that route, does it make sense to get a better external DAC (I know some speakers have a built-in DAC)? I also happen to have a pair of older Advent bookshelf speakers not doing anything. If I wanted to use them, is the best route to get a receiver (with bluetooth) to drive them?

Sorry for the dumb questions but my normal listening is with Vandersteen speakers driven my Bryston amp/preamp and a CD player (unfortunately located on the other side of the house). Sadly I've ignored the progress in streaming audio until now.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS